• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Google Fiber projected coverage areas...

Jeremy Igo

I don't get the hype. Sure, for a business it makes sense. But for a guy like me? If it ever came up here I'd pass. I understand the band cap, but my FiOS package has no cap. So ... the question is, do I really NEED that much more speed? Answer: no. I have no complaints with speed. So is the hype really just about the cap? BC really, you don't need that much speed. And yeah, Google says what the prices are, but as soon as they have everyone in their mitts ... don't think for a second they'll try to eff you over. Why does everyone think Google is this pro-customer company?

No joke. They are slowly taking over

This. I cancelled my Gmail, YouTube account, G+ account, and am scrubbing myself from Google's cache. They'll always have something on me, sure, but not as much as everyone else.

What's so great about Google fiber?

I know you asked that before they told you, but really, it's not some magical thing. It has pros and cons.

But again, if you run a business it makes sense.

I don't get the hype. Sure, for a business it makes sense. But for a guy like me? If it ever came up here I'd pass. I understand the band cap, but my FiOS package has no cap. So ... the question is, do I really NEED that much more speed? Answer: no. I have no complaints with speed. So is the hype really just about the cap? BC really, you don't need that much speed. And yeah, Google says what the prices are, but as soon as they have everyone in their mitts ... don't think for a second they'll try to eff you over. Why does everyone think Google is this pro-customer company?

This. I cancelled my Gmail, YouTube account, G+ account, and am scrubbing myself from Google's cache. They'll always have something on me, sure, but not as much as everyone else.

I know you asked that before they told you, but really, it's not some magical thing. It has pros and cons.

But again, if you run a business it makes sense.

BB on NYC subway "nana nana boo boo, charlotte doesn't have it"

BB on gigabit connections in NC "oh, who needs it?"

Can't wait to have this kind of speed at the house.  Of course, this seems to be a bit slow since someone here must be downloading some data.

4094477710.png

my work has similar upload speeds, but download speeds are always around 12 mbps. weird, huh?

Archived