• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your Superbowl food plans?

Jeremy Igo

Here's something I've done in the past that's a twist on traditional Super Bowl food: buffalo chicken wantons.

Grill/bake/boil chicken until it's almost finished. Pull the chicken apart and mix with buffalo sauce, cream cheese/ranch, shredded cheese. Put said mix into wonton wrappers and close tightly. brush with water/egg mixture and bread with breadcrumbs. Deep fry for about 5 minutes. Pretty delicious I must say.

Sounds good. I make a version with sausage and sauteed onions and dip in sweet and sour sauce.

BBQ chicken leg quarters. Much better value for your money than wings.

When I worked in Niagara Falls ( right near Buffalo for the geographically challenged ) you could buy a large bucket of fried wings,  any style for $ 3.99 just about anywhere in town. That was about 25 years ago.   Wings used to be food poor people ate.

Just thought you young bucks ought to know.

I call it Colon Blow. It's a cheese dip.

2 packages Neese's Sausage (one Hot, one regular).

2 cans of Rotel (one normal, one hot)

3 packs (the boxes) of Cream Chese.

Brown the sausage. Drain it.

Line a slow cooker/crockpot with a liner and put in the rotel, cream cheese, and sausage and cook until it's a delicious, gooey mix.

I'm working on the name. It's a phenomenal party dish.

When I worked in Niagara Falls ( right near Buffalo for the geographically challenged ) you could buy a large bucket of fried wings,  any style for $ 3.99 just about anywhere in town. That was about 25 years ago.   Wings used to be food poor people ate.

Just thought you young bucks ought to know.

I know those days.  You could get gizzards and liver for almost nothing.  Less than wings.  You ever gotten drunk and then stuffed on gizzards?  It's not pretty.

My wife and I are hosting the SB party this year for our group of friends and we will have wings (both hot and medium) and potato skins. Others will bring whatever they want to contribute to the fixin's. Promises to be a great time of good food and some football on the side.

Archived