• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your Superbowl food plans?

Jeremy Igo

Here's something I've done in the past that's a twist on traditional Super Bowl food: buffalo chicken wantons.

Grill/bake/boil chicken until it's almost finished. Pull the chicken apart and mix with buffalo sauce, cream cheese/ranch, shredded cheese. Put said mix into wonton wrappers and close tightly. brush with water/egg mixture and bread with breadcrumbs. Deep fry for about 5 minutes. Pretty delicious I must say.

Looking for ideas. Heading to a party at a friend's house. Need to bring a foodage.

Was thinking maybe baked potato skins with cheese, bacon, chives, etc.

Sausage Balls.

1 lb Neese (HOT) breakfast sausage.

3 cups Biscuit baking mix.

10oz or more sharp cheddar cheese.

Mix well, roll into balls, and bake in the oven.  

This will be the first Super Bowl in memory that I'm not going to watch.  Sorry, but America has already lost.  Of the teams in the playoff race, this is the worst possible outcome.  There's no way for me to watch this game and not be pissed about the outcome, so why bother.  Might go see a movie with the wife.  Should be a good night to do it.  Probably have the theater to ourselves.

So... uh, I'll go with movie theater popcorn.

i grilled steaks for the first time in forever a couple weeks ago for the cardinals game. a couple of t-bones from harris teeter, marinated for a few hours in oil and seasoning, medium rare, with baked potatoes cooked in foil for an hour. a couple of IPAs and a bottle of makers… phenomenal.

i will probably repeat for the superbowl.

Archived