• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam booed courtside at Hawks game...

Jeremy Igo

Nah, these guys are too protective of Cam to realize I'm joking.

You have always seemed like a calm objective guy.

I guess Matt Ryan is your soft spot.

Honestly I don't think that win over replacement wise there is much of a difference between the two due to Cams running and escapability. Ryan is clearly a better passer.

Good. I like it. I don't care of he's a hometown boy, he plays for a rival. Hope he gets booed everywhere he goes in the city, tbh.

and lol @ that one guy who said we'd trade Ryan for Cam, very funny.

Hey I am that guy. I will stand by my claim that Arthur Blank would trade Matt Ryan for Cam Newton. Blank isn't dumb and knows Newtons value, especially in his hometown would bring in mucho Dinero. Cams swag and personality is infectious and would do a lot more to bring interest to his franchise than Ryan ever will.

There is a very strong minor league presence closer to the coast. I always wondered if that isn't why the MLB has left Charlotte alone.

No.  MLB has not come to Charlotte because 1) Charlotte has only recently (relatively speaking) become large enough to have three professional teams, 2) there have been no George Shinn's or Jerry Richardson's with the deep pockets and vision to make it happen, and, by far most importantly, 3) the political personnel and/or climate has either had bad timing or simply refused to fight the fight, either out of being misinformed that Charlotte could not support it or knowing that a super large % of the population would not back public funding for a major league quality stadium in any way, harming their own selfish political aspirations.  Our ex-mayor and current governor could fit both of those, although I would have loved to have seen what would have happened had we not had to fight for the Hornets/Bobcats back at the exact time the Expos were shopping around, eventually moving to DC.  I also think the Rays and A's were/are ripe for relocation but the new downtown non-expandable stadium likely screws things in the near future.  MLB relocation is also further complicated by the extremely contorted/cockeyed territorial rights map which is controled by extremely powerful and greedy men often several states away.  That's a miniscule cliff-notes version of why.  Amazingly the Carolinas could have very possibly had the Minnesota Twins in 1998 if not for the citizens of Forsyth and Guilford rejecting a measly one cent on the dollar fast food tax to build a stadium.

Again however, if baseball is in fact considered a major sport (or perhaps even if it's not) the smart money is on the Carolinas having a team in the next generation.  It simply makes too much sense and eventually the right personnel will be in the right place to make it happen. 

Why does Ryan have as many playoff victories as Newton despite having 1/10 the defensive talent on his roster?

There is not a single defensive unit that Carolina is not superior to the Falcons, yet Ryan has accomplished the same as Newton when Newton is more hyped...

see what I did there? 

But Ryan is superior to Newton isn't he? With a superior cast.

How in the world does Ryan tie Newton in career playoff victories?

And what does hype have to do with the fact that Ryan has a 1/2 decade head start on Newton yet has achieved about the same?

I don't want to race bait but I heard they tried to name a street after him in his home town for winning the Heisman and the white people created a petition to stop it.

Nah, it didn't get that far. More of an inconvenience for the people who lived on the street and would have to change all their records for no reason (and the whole college indiscretion thing)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/17/proposal-to-rename-street-after-cam-newton-meets-with-resistance/

The Falcons play in Atlanta. The Hawks play in Atlanta. They share fans. Falcons fans hate Cam Newton. Hawks fans, by proxy, hate Cam Newton, hometown boy or not. I really don't know what you're so upset about. 

A lot of it is also this:  Almost 100% of UGA fans are Falcons fans.

UGA fans hate Cam cuz he beat dat ass in the SEC and achieved something that they haven't even come close to in over 30 years.

Falcon's fans hate Cam cuz he beats dat ass in the NFCS.

QED.

Archived