• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam booed courtside at Hawks game...

Jeremy Igo

Why does Ryan have as many playoff victories as Newton despite having 1/10 the defensive talent on his roster?

There is not a single defensive unit that Carolina is not superior to the Falcons, yet Ryan has accomplished the same as Newton when Newton is more hyped...

see what I did there? 

Newton is more hyped? Where exactly? Most QB rankings have Matt Ryan top 10. 

Baseball is a dying sport.

While casual interest for non-local teams and the younger demographic appear bleak anywhere you go, gate receipts and regional TV programming remain strong. Which even further support my view that supporting that city/state, which is a clear competitor in nearly every other facet of life (including the team and sport we love the best) is bad. Fans, politicians, and/or investors need to pursue a team (which doesn't appear likely in the near future after building a brand new minor league park) or forget about baseball altogether which is what the rest of the country does anyway when "their" home team isn't playing anymore. There's no sane or logical reason however that the nearly 15 million people in the Carolinas can't have a baseball team to call their own someday, if for no other reason the nightly summer TV deals with little/no competition on the sports landscape.

Cam gets booed in Atlanta because he is from Atlanta and he left them to play at Florida and Auburn.

If Cam had won a Heisman and BCS title at Georgia or Georgia Tech, Carolina could beat Atlanta in the NFCCG and they'd still love him in Atlanta.

Saying he's booed because he plays for the 7-8-1 Panthers is like saying Bobcat fans booed Reddick in Orlando because he played for a division rival. No, he was booed because UNC and State fans at those games hated him.

I do. Nearly 15 million people in two states and approximately 7 million within a 100 mile radius of CLT. CLT is the 16th biggest city and 23rd biggest metro with an economy, weather and baseball culture far superior to a majority of current MLB cities. CLT is nearly double the size the ATL was when they got the Braves in the 60s. MLB in CLT is far less absurd than the NBA, NFL, or NHL were when they came, and CLT is still one of the fastest growing cities. Baseball may not be what it once was, but to settle for less than the best and/or pull for the ENEMY that is the ATL (while unfortunately common) is misguided and sick.

There is a very strong minor league presence closer to the coast. I always wondered if that isn't why the MLB has left Charlotte alone.

Archived