• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman to Marty Hurney - You left us a cap mess, but drafted a hell of a QB

Jeremy Igo

I called it "a bit of a dig" which it was.

He was asked about Cam. Gettleman didn't have to mention Hurney's cap mess at all, but he did anyways.

Thats a dig.

Not when Marty did it to himself saying the exact same thing 2 minutes before. .

Dave was joking because Marty was self defecating and it was a respectful back and forth. . Dave would have never said the line before giving props for drafting Cam if Marty wouldn't have done it 1st. .

One thing about Gettleman. He says Free Agency sets up your draft. Did we bring in any Free Agents that performed at an appropriate level? Id Say Ed Dickson maybe. Roman Harper was a veteran but not a great football player. Cotchery served a purpose but he wasn't very good. 

Last years crop of free agents definitely did not help the oline. So I'm skeptical of Free Agency setting us up for the draft.

Additionally, I love how people never seem to mention the fact that he also built the team that went to the franchise's only Superbowl appearance. The guy hasn't watched one since because he never got over losing that game.

That's pre Cam though so many don't "remember" that he put that team together.

Morgan, moose, smitty, rucker, Jenkins, minter

None if them were Hurney picks

Not when Marty did it to himself saying the exact same thing 2 minutes before. .

Dave was joking because Marty was self defecating and it was a respectful back and forth. . Dave would have never said the line before giving props for drafting Cam if Marty wouldn't have done it 1st. .

lol

Well, we agree on one thing at least.

I can't make up my mind if you meant self-deprecating or if you really meant he poo himself?

"Self Defacating" may be my new favorite phrase on here.

Maybe the spelling is wrong but my point and your understanding of it remains. . Marty got on himself and Dave was more like "even thoe this happened you still got me a hell of a QB".. He wasn't trying to crush Marty. .

One thing about Gettleman. He says Free Agency sets up your draft. Did we bring in any Free Agents that performed at an appropriate level? Id Say Ed Dickson maybe. Roman Harper was a veteran but not a great football player. Cotchery served a purpose but he wasn't very good.

Last years crop of free agents definitely did not help the oline. So I'm skeptical of Free Agency setting us up for the draft.

Dave G was operating on a dollar tree budget. You just aren't going to land very good players with that budget. All those players were stop gaps in what was expected to be a down season. As we get the cap under control I expect that we/DG will begin to win big time in free agency because our GM is an awesome evaluator of talent.

Archived