• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman to Marty Hurney - You left us a cap mess, but drafted a hell of a QB

Jeremy Igo

Let's go down the list..

1. Qb =

2. Top 5 defensive player=

3. Best Olinemen =

4. Best pass catching option =

5. The best RB =

6. The best pass rushers =

7. The best secondary player =

How many are these Hurney or Gettelmen picks?

I also want to state that Gettelmen is the better GM of the 2 and I really don't understand how this became a competition because it really isn't. .

Just some people here need to give Hurney a little more credit than he gets here..

It's easy for someone bad to be the "best" when you never draft or bring in free agents better than them.

How many of those are first picks?

And you proved my point even further by only listing maybe at most 9 players. That's over a span of 9 or so years.

I have nothing against Hurney, but outside of the first round he was horrid.

It's easy for someone bad to be the "best" when you never draft or bring in free agents better than them.

How many of those are first picks?

And you proved my point even further by only listing maybe at most 9 players. That's over a span of 9 or so years.

I have nothing against Hurney, but outside of the first round he was horrid.

Kali Hardy Lafell Anderson Captain, Godfrey Mathis Norman all weren't 1st round picks and I can keep going if you like..

A lot of the people criticizing Hurney here probably would've drafted Fairley, Green, or Dareus over Cam and Cox or Gilmore over Kuechly.

The consensus was to draft Cam. Only a minority wanted to go in another direction. Most GMs take Cam considering where we were talent wise in 2011.

Kali Hardy Lafell Anderson Captain, Godfrey Mathis Norman all weren't 1st round picks and I can keep going if you like..

Please keep going.

Those 8 people aren't necessarily the best list. Sure you have Kalil, Hardy, and Mathis, but Norman is right now in his fourth year and just now getting to play. I have to see more. The rest aren't really that good.

And that's 8 people out of close to 60 picks that he either horribly traded away or miffed on.

For every Kalil that Hurney drafted, there are four Sione Fua's.

MH hit and he missed like every other GM. We we never really close to winning anything and be got us into cap hell. I don't understand his fan base.

I'm no Hurney apologist but from 2003-2006 the Panthers team Hurney helped build was a legit contender with a super bowl loss and an NFC Championship game loss. That's pretty damn close in my book.

Archived