• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman to Marty Hurney - You left us a cap mess, but drafted a hell of a QB

Jeremy Igo

Yeah he's winning the argument while again most of the major players on the team are Hurney picks and also he hasn't disproving that other people had the idea that Hurney wasn't the only person to blame for these contracts..

I'd also like to point out how many people were happy about the Beason and other contracts when it happened.

But I don't care if I win or lose this.. it's just my opinion anyway...

Over what? 10 years? Of course a couple of players will be on the team since then. It's a shame that it is as few as it is. 2011 wasn't that long ago.

Over what? 10 years? Of course a couple of players will be on the team since then. It's a shame that it is as few as it is. 2011 wasn't that long ago.

Let's go down the list..

1. Qb =

2. Top 5 defensive player=

3. Best Olinemen =

4. Best pass catching option =

5. The best RB =

6. The best pass rushers =

7. The best secondary player =

How many are these Hurney or Gettelmen picks?

I also want to state that Gettelmen is the better GM of the 2 and I really don't understand how this became a competition because it really isn't. .

Just some people here need to give Hurney a little more credit than he gets here..

Yes I think Jerry told Marty after he was being accused of being cheap to do whatever to resign the core of the team..

You didn't say "spending spree" this time. Good, because NO owner would say that to their GM.  It may be what the reporters said Hurney did after the fact as they try to be cute and attract readers of all ages and cognitive levels, but "spending spree" is misleading an totally inaccurate.  Hurney was never told that by Jerry Richardson--if you have proof that he did, present it now.

Your answer is getting closer to my original point every post.  Use the cap space to build a winner.  Pretty much what I said in the beginning that you refuted.

You didn't say "spending spree" this time. Good, because NO owner would say that to their GM. It may be what the reporters said Hurney did after the fact as they try to be cute and attract readers of all ages and cognitive levels, but "spending spree" is misleading an totally inaccurate. Hurney was never told that by Jerry Richardson--if you have proof that he did, present it now.

Your answer is getting closer to my original point every post. Use the cap space to build a winner. Pretty much what I said in the beginning that you refuted.

Have you seriously been debating on the wording and not the action? ?

So you agree that Jerry and Hurney were partners in the whole "2011 spending spree" and Hurney shouldn't be the only person taking blame for these contracts and cap situation we've been in..

Have you seriously been debating on the wording and not the action? ?

So you agree that Jerry and Hurney were partners in the whole "2011 spending spree" and Hurney shouldn't be the only person taking blame for these contracts and cap situation we've been in..

Yes. Your wording was misleading as hell and you are only speculating about the action you think happened, so anyone who offers a different perspective is wrong--sophomoric logic.  The wording I know was not accurate; the action is subject to debate.  However, your biased, condescending, uninformed statement was exactly what I was debating. 

Tell me, is there a difference in these 2 statements:

A. Jerry told Marty to go on a spending spree because he was called cheap.  (what you said)

B. Jerry instructed Marty to use all of the available cap room to build a winner. (what I was saying)

You seem to think these sentences are interchangeable. They are not.  And I think JR let Marty do his job. It is Marty's job to know about contracts and value of players and the NFL market.  Even if Jerry was in the mix of all that, something I find a bit silly, you blame the GM for the stupid spending.  But I assure you, it was not called a spending spree until it was over. 

Yes. Your wording was misleading as hell and you are only speculating about the action you think happened, so anyone who offers a different perspective is wrong--sophomoric logic. The wording I know was not accurate; the action is subject to debate. However, your biased, condescending, uninformed statement was exactly what I was debating.

Tell me, is there a difference in these 2 statements:

A. Jerry told Marty to go on a spending spree because he was called cheap. (what you said)

B. Jerry instructed Marty to use all of the available cap room to build a winner. (what I was saying)

You seem to think these sentences are interchangeable. They are not. And I think JR let Marty do his job. It is Marty's job to know about contracts and value of players and the NFL market. Even if Jerry was in the mix of all that, something I find a bit silly, you blame the GM for the stupid spending. But I assure you, it was not called a spending spree until it was over.

I love how you project your actions on me..

1. I've stated a few times "this is my opinion" you can believe what you want.. But me and others feel like Jerry had a lot more to do with Hurney spending spree then just paying the money. .

2. Spending spree was used in the stories written about it so that's the wording I choose to use..

3. Nobody is determining right or wrong because we don't truly know what happened and what was discuss between Marty and Jerry.. You have your opinion I have mine..

So, this Hurney stuff is certainly interesting, but I need to understand something here. What is the difference between self-defecating and a plain old shart? I would ask SCP but it's around dinnertime and the Golden Corrall doesn't have wifi.

I think it is a question on intent. If one purposefully craps himself, it is self defecating. If it was an accident, it falls into the shart category.

Finally this thread is getting somewhere.

I think it is a question on intent. If one purposefully craps himself, it is self defecating. If it was an accident, it falls into the shart category.

Finally this thread is getting somewhere.

So if you intend to fart, but slip a little mud, which is it?  This is important, because I'm planning on mexican food tonight and will probably go for a long run in the morning.

I love how you project your actions on me..

1. I've stated a few times "this is my opinion" you can believe what you want.. But me and others feel like Jerry had a lot more to do with Hurney spending spree then just paying the money. .

2. Spending spree was used in the stories written about it so that's the wording I choose to use..

3. Nobody is determining right or wrong because we don't truly know what happened and what was discuss between Marty and Jerry.. You have your opinion I have mine..

Whatever.  There is no basis for anyone in his right mind to think that Jerry told Marty to go on a spending spree because Jerry was called cheap. 

That is not opinion, that is just stupid.

Whatever. There is no basis for anyone in his right mind to think that Jerry told Marty to go on a spending spree because Jerry was called cheap.

That is not opinion, that is just stupid.

So 1st you didn't want people claiming who was right and who was wrong.. Now people are stupid for their opinions?Lol

I guess a lot of beat writers and fans are stupid than.lol

Dude you can keep debating this with yourself. Once somebody calls others opinions stupid about a situation where neither one of us truly knows what happened between 2 people we don't know personally. . It time to go..

So 1st you didn't want people claiming who was right and who was wrong.. Now people are stupid for their opinions?Lol

I guess a lot of beat writers and fans are stupid than.lol

Dude you can keep debating this with yourself. Once somebody calls others opinions stupid about a situation where neither one of us truly knows what happened between 2 people we don't know personally. . It time to go..

Just don't say stuff that could not be true and then call it opinion.  Yes, your opinion was stupid.  you made a stupid comment and then spent 12 posts defending that stupid comment or trying to slide away from it.  There are opinions, smart ones, based on facts, and dumb ones, like suggesting that JR was upset about being called cheap so he sent his GM on a $78m spending spree. 

That has never happened in the history of sports.  That never will happen.  So if it is your opinion, it is a stupid one, and I don't mean that to hurt your feelings.  Just an observation.  I make stupid comments too, I just don't defend them at all costs.

Just don't say stuff that could not be true and then call it opinion. Yes, your opinion was stupid. you made a stupid comment and then spent 12 posts defending that stupid comment or trying to slide away from it. There are opinions, smart ones, based on facts, and dumb ones, like suggesting that JR was upset about being called cheap so he sent his GM on a $78m spending spree.

That has never happened in the history of sports. That never will happen. So if it is your opinion, it is a stupid one, and I don't mean that to hurt your feelings. Just an observation. I make stupid comments too, I just don't defend them at all costs.

Go kys..

Because you don't agree doesn't make it stupid.. Other people including actual beat writers have the same opinion and they are alot closer to the situation then we are..

What is stupid is your fuging perception of this conversation. . In what fuging post did you read me slide, transform or change my opinion of the situation.

Further more you are the only one claiming your opinion of the situation is the right one and it can only be this way.. At least I made it known that you can have your own opinion without it being stupid.

Condescending? ? Maybe you should read the definition of the word then read your fuging post in this thread..

Then Kys..

Side note:

Spending spree spending spree spending spree. .

Archived