• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 NFL Draft Roundup - Round 1

Jeremy Igo

None of the guys on the list will start at LT with the possibility of Clemmings and maybe Flowers, and neither of them their first season.  Both would be starters on the right side until they mature

Collins will be a G in the NFL

Gordon/Gurley wouldn't be my first choice, but at #25, they certainly could fall into the BPA category.  Cam needs weapons and both guys are dangerous backs with homerun ability, and are true workhorse RBs.  I know it's not en vogue to take a RB in the first, and we probably could find a great starting RB in the later rounds, but it's not that insane.  Reaching for an OT, DB or WR at #25 is no less crazy than adding a Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson kind of RB to Cam's arsenal of weapons.  

Depending on who's available, I wouldn't hate the selection of a RB @ #25. Considering where we are picking, we are on the fringe of the 2nd round at #25. 

Gordon/Gurley wouldn't be my first choice, but at #25, they certainly could fall into the BPA category. Cam needs weapons and both guys are dangerous backs with homerun ability, and are true workhorse RBs. I know it's not en vogue to take a RB in the first, and we probably could find a great starting RB in the later rounds, but it's not that insane. Reaching for an OT, DB or WR at #25 is no less crazy than adding a Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson kind of RB to Cam's arsenal of weapons.

Depending on who's available, I wouldn't hate the selection of a RB @ #25. Considering where we are picking, we are on the fringe of the 2nd round at #25.

How many titles have AP or Charles produced how many times have they been injured? ?

We drafted Stewart when we already had D.Will and the Panthers definitely put an emphasis on the running game so I can definitely see Gordan or Gurley being the pick @ #25 especially if the top 3 WR, Landon Collins and the top few OT are gone.

Gordan and Gurley are extremely talented and two of the better RB to come out in a while imo. The only problem with Gurley is that he has had injury problems lately which will probably cause him to drop. If D.Will is cut then I would be perfectly fine with getting Gordan or Gurley especially considering Stewarts injury history and that he would be more likely to get injured if he was forced to carry the ball more.

in that case we can easily fill the position after the first round, no?

If you're not considering playmaking every down RBs and rather one that can fill in behind Stewart for now (Which I think is more likely), then yep.  

I'd consider Coleman in Round 2 but that would be the very highest I'd take a RB in this draft given our spot at 25.

Plus, we may feel more comfortable about a move like that after what DG may do in the FA.  

Archived