• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 NFL Draft Roundup - Round 1

Jeremy Igo

Anyone who wouldn't be thrilled with Melvin Gordon isn't thinking big picture. I promise you Gettleman is. I'd LOVE to have Gordon as our featured back going forward. I think he's the best RB to come out of college since Adrian Peterson. I know that comparison gets thrown around a lot these days, but Gordon is a beast.

Yeah right.. Just like Trent Richardson. .

Chill yall.  By mid-season our starting LT will be some UDFA with an extensive farming from the midwest.

And he will have a glorious beard.

The kid of a neighbor of Jordan Carsten?

Sidenote to cityfolk: next door neighbor in the farming areas of the Midwest can mean anywhere from 1/10 mile to 3 miles between farmhouses

Yeah right.. Just like Trent Richardson. .

Trent Richardson was overhyped as a top-5 pick. I haven't seen any mocks with Melvin Gordon going even in the top-10. He's the first back since AP that I have said I would take with a 1st round pick - especially a late 1st round pick. I challenge anyone to compare Gordon's numbers, game clips, and just overall value as a prospect to Trent Richardson coming out of Alabama.

Richardson had just one 1,000+ yard season, on an elite team. Gordon was on a good team, sure, but not elite and he rushed for 2,587 yards last year at 7.5 YPC. I know college stats don't mean much in the draft compared to projected NFL fit, but there isn't one way that Melvin Gordon isn't light years ahead of Trent Richardson as an NFL prospect.

I honestly don't think he'll be there for us at 25, but if he is, it would be a great pick - and very likely the BPA. It's entirely possible all the worthwhile tackles are gone by 25 - or we could sign one in FA. If that's the case and Gordon is still available, there'd have to be a damn good WR/CB/DL prospect on the board to even consider passing him up.

Picking up a LT in the FA would make much more sense than drafting an OT in the first, but I still think we should double dip at OT in draft for depth.  Maybe around the 4th or 5th rounds, depending on how many comp picks we get.  We could draft Corey Robinson (LT) from South Carolina and Austin Shepperd (RT) from Alabama.  Both have potential to grow into starters in the future. 

That sentiment is wideley accepted but I gotta be honest, this RB class is damn good. One of the better ones in recent memory with Abdullah, Gordon, Gurley, and Tevin "the f'n man" Coleman.

in that case we can easily fill the position after the first round, no?

Archived