• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 NFL Draft Roundup - Round 1

Jeremy Igo

Do. Not. Want. RB, any RB in the first round.

They just don't have the value any more. And most RB's are only as good as the OL's they run behind.

That sentiment is wideley accepted but I gotta be honest, this RB class is damn good.  One of the better ones in recent memory with Abdullah, Gordon, Gurley, and Tevin "the f'n man" Coleman.   

Agree that RBs don't have "value" but I'd say that's more for the 2nd contract. If you can get a certified stud RB in the 1st round you take him and for 5 years he's your guy. You get great value for that first contract, but it's the second that you have to be careful with.

That being said, I don't see us taking an RB in the first round. Got to believe that if our guy at T isn't there, a pass rusher will be our pick.

Anyone who wouldn't be thrilled with Melvin Gordon isn't thinking big picture. I promise you Gettleman is. I'd LOVE to have Gordon as our featured back going forward. I think he's the best RB to come out of college since Adrian Peterson. I know that comparison gets thrown around a lot these days, but Gordon is a beast.

Archived