• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 NFL Draft Roundup - Round 1

Jeremy Igo

I like how they make money off of this...

Hmmm lets see, Carolina has bad oline.  I've got it!  Draft oline!  

Now, the Bucs cant throw... Draft a QB!!

Falcons cant pass rush... DE or OLB?  YEP THAT WORKS!!

Saints *pulls position from hat... Perfect!!!

Seriously, this is gonna be a crap shoot this year.  I don't think we go OT in the first round unless the talent truly meets the position, and I'm ok with that as long as it is addressed in Free Agency.  Frankly, I think he has to address LT in FA anyway because of how week we are.  I think if we reach for a tackle it will be later in the draft 3rd-5th rounds.  I also wouldn't rule out the RB either.  This is the first year we could realistically move on from D-lo, and I think Next year is the first year we could think about moving on from Stewart, and the only way to do that is to have someone available to really take over the load when he leaves.  I don't think we're gonna go RB in the first round, but if the talent grade is there, I will not be surprised for G-man to take an offensive piece that he believes can be a gamechanger.

I want Shaq Thompson so bad but he'll be gone before we pick.

Markus Golden is a DE to keep an eye on too. He could jump up the boards.

Sammie Coates is a guy I could see Proehl begging for.

I just have a feeling Gettleman will try to answer the LT problem in free agency.

I want Shaq Thompson so bad but he'll be gone before we pick.

Markus Golden is a DE to keep an eye on too. He could jump up the boards.

Sammie Coates is a guy I could see Proehl begging for.

I just have a feeling Gettleman will try to answer the LT problem in free agency.

Man, could you imagine Shaq, TD and Luke? Plus he'd be a beast replacing TD once TD inevitably retires. 3 guys I want in first: Landon Collins, Shaq Thompson, La'el Collins. Any 3 of those guys would be fuging huge for us IMO.

How nice would it be if La'el Collins fell to us in the first to pair him back with Tre Turner, then in the second Rashad Greene fell to us to pair him back up with Kelvin Benjamin? The chances both or even one of those things happen aren't great but it would be really cool and would fill two needs.   

As reported by Voth in the BBR piece, Gettleman is going to take BPA in the draft and attempt to address positions of need through free agency.

If Gordon is there and projected to be a top 5 back in the league, I'll be thrilled to get him.

I think Gordon is going to be a star sooner rather than later in this league and if he falls to us in the draft he would be tough to pass up since he probably would be one of the BPA.  I would feel much better about taking him if we address the LT position in free agency though.

Anyways hopefully when the Panthers are up to pick the BPA is a LT 

I saw that Dave Gettleman was sort of throwing the DE  hint out there earlier,which leads me to believe it's a smoke screen. Even if Gettleman can sign a halfway decent LT in free agency, there's no way he should pass on a decent OT in the first round,unless some really great  player unexpectly drops to down to us.

He meant every word of it. if Nate Orchard, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Bud Dupree are sitting there Gman is jumping all over it. If Danny Shelton some how fell that far Hed slaughter everyone in his path to get that card in.

Question is...if Gurley falls do you pass on him? I think with Gettlemen the answer is obvious. But that kid was probably the best player in the draft regardless of position. He's the closest back to AP I've ever seen pre-injury.

Who knows about the ACL tho..so much gray area with the recovery. Guys like AP came back great. Lattimore never really recovered and then reinjured that leg.

My gut says Gurley will be an early 2nd round pick to a team like the Falcons who could use a RB...which would suck.

But...I think id take him before Gordon if for no other reason than I don't trust Wisky RBs.

Archived