• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 NFL Draft Roundup - Round 1

Jeremy Igo

And I wouldn't even report if I'm Cam.

And if we sign Randall Cobb, Michael Roos and Josh Gordon, still wouldn't report? It's all a puzzle, and if DE in the first is how he's going to solve it, then let it be. Don't know how you can still not trust Gettleman to do what's right after this past year's draft...

I would agree with this. You are just out there by yourself reacting to what your opponent does while the DE is often attacking and forcing the action.

Ahhhh, I remember there being a thread on this. It was a pretty good one actually. CB and DE have to be the top two tho.

Will be interesting to see if the tackle situation is addressed in the draft or free agent. That could really change it up. I think we should draft a LT if for no other reason but solid depth in case of injury. I think BPA only works to a certain extent.

If we ended up getting an incredible running back, I wouldn't mind spending a 1st round pick on a guy

If Gordon is there and projected to be a top 5 back in the league, I'll be thrilled to get him.

Same here. If Gordon is indeed a Top 5 NFL RB, this could be a lucky year if he falls to us. The six mocks in the OP have him going 14, 17, 24, 24, 25, 26. The only other back in the 1st R of some of them was Todd Gurley

I'd argue CB is the hardest to play, but it is certainly debatable 

Which is funny, because there is a better success rate with Corners Drafted in the first three rounds since 2000 than any other position. The only reason I know this is because I looked it up a few weeks ago on PFR.

Here's who those mocks had us taking in the later rounds:

2nd R

OT Ereck Flowers, Miami

WR Rashad Greene, Florida State

3rd R

FS Kurtis Drummond, Michigan St

WR Josh Harper, Fresno State

4th R

OT Daryl Williams, Oklahoma

WR Davaris Daniels, Notre Dame

5th R

OLB Tyler Matakevich, Temple

6th R

DT Louis Trinca-Pasat, Iowa

7th R

TE MyCole Pruitt, Southern Illinois

this is what they had the rest of the NFC South doing in the 1st R:

Bucs

Jameis Winston

Jameis Winston

Jameis Winston

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Marcus Mariota

Falcons

DE Shane Ray, Missouri

DE/OLB Dante Fowler, Florida

DE/OLB Vic Beasley, Clemson

DE/OLB Alvin "Bud" Dupree, Kentucky

Saints

DE/OLB Dante Fowler, Florida

CB Trae Waynes, Michigan State

CB P.J. Williams, Florida State

OT Andrus Peat, Stanford

OG Brandon Scherff , Iowa

My gut is starting to tell me we go DE in the first.

I saw that Dave Gettleman was sort of throwing the DE  hint out there earlier,which leads me to believe it's a smoke screen. Even if Gettleman can sign a halfway decent LT in free agency, there's no way he should pass on a decent OT in the first round,unless some really great  player unexpectly drops to down to us.

I've always wondered if there is a "Need" category when evaluating players. Like players get numerical grades for their speed, footwork, intellect, work ethic, ect. I wonder if there's a grade of 1 - 5 assigned based on Need. So while GMs insist they have a BPA mentality, they're inherently grading prospects based on need. So when a GM says he will draft BPA he's being truthful but yet also not telling us that the way they grade takes into account needs.

Archived