• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 NFL Draft Roundup - Round 1

Jeremy Igo

I think that mocking the Panthers is really tough especially considering where we pick in the first, solely because we have no idea who is going to fall or be there at 25. 

Gettleman has the right motto though, reaching for need in the draft RARELY works out. 

When we draft a defensive end though, it is not the end of the world. CJ is getting old, and Hardy is gone. Groom Ealy and player X for the future. 

All of these guys predicting a LT simply because ours suck clearly do not know our GM.  I would love for the right guy to be there for us at that position, we have had similar luck the last two seasons, but I am expecting a DE or WR.

As for Gordon, maybe that mock was simply trying to be different but if we took a RB in I would go apeshit, and I am one of the calm ones

As reported by Voth in the BBR piece, Gettleman is going to take BPA in the draft and attempt to address positions of need through free agency.

If Gordon is there and projected to be a top 5 back in the league, I'll be thrilled to get him.

Wait, hasn't that been common knowledge for a couple years now?

I would agree with this.  You are just out there by yourself reacting to what your opponent does while the DE is often attacking and forcing the action.

plus with recent rule changes you basically can't touch the receiver 

now I'm not saying CB is a more important position that DE, but I believe it's the hardest to play 

While there are positions that need upgrading (WR, S, CB#2 or 3, DE), the LT position is a hole.  Obviously, the 'answer is already on the roster' backfired and hopefully Gett learned his lesson that not every team has a Cruz in the waiting.  We cannot go into next season without filling that hole. 

IMO, the ideal scenario is that Gett fills that hole during free agency with a capable starter and signs Bell to a backup contract.  If that hole is filled, we can truly look at BPA in the draft to help our team. 

The good news is that Gettleman seems to have a real eye for talent evaluation, so even if we don't go OT in round 1, I'm not going to freak out over it.

Honestly I think we'd be better off getting an experienced guy to come in and play LT in free agency and then focus on other needs in the draft.

We kind of need a guy that can step in day one and play LT.

Not so sure about a RB in round 1, but if he's far and away the BPA then that's hard to argue with.

The good news is that Gettleman seems to have a real eye for talent evaluation, so even if we don't go OT in round 1, I'm not going to freak out over it.

Honestly I think we'd be better off getting an experienced guy to come in and play LT in free agency and then focus on other needs in the draft.

We kind of need a guy that can step in day one and play LT.

Not so sure about a RB in round 1, but if he's far and away the BPA then that's hard to argue with.

After Byron Bell, we just need a guy. Any young, big fat guy should do.

Archived