• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Question About Honor

fitty76

I think the main issue is the Patriots continued pattern of sleaziness, from spygate to this. Nobody really cares about the deflated footballs all that much, but makes you wonder what else they're doing that they aren't getting caught for.

I also don't understand why each QB and kicker isn't allowed to pick his own psi. Doesn't seem like there would be any competitive advantage to that.

There is no honor in pro sports. All those things our parents taught us in church league do not apply. There are rules in place to limit "gamesmanship" just to maintain some order and uniformity. But the truth is guys cheat every game. The Panthers players cheat every game. PEDs is cheating too. Blood doping is cheating. Having a metal plate in your glove is cheating. 

We have to draw a line somewhere and sometimes the players/coaches try to move the line and it is the league's job to make sure it doesn't. 

I also don't understand why each QB and kicker isn't allowed to pick his own psi. Doesn't seem like there would be any competitive advantage to that.

Well there isn't a competitive advantage because both teams would be able to handpick their preferred Footballs. At the same time they are playing a highly competitive game and altering footballs lowers the degree of difficulty. A comparison might be lowering the goals in basketball.

In the case of kickers, softer balls are easier to aim. The NFL is trying to narrow the goal posts because they don't like how easy field goals currently are. 

They have to set a limit because if they don't some run happy team would take all the air out of the ball and hold it like a baton. It sounds crazy but some guy probably did it in 1954 and it's been a rule ever since.

There is no honor in pro sports. All those things our parents taught us in church league do not apply. There are rules in place to limit "gamesmanship" just to maintain some order and uniformity. But the truth is guys cheat every game. The Panthers players cheat every game. PEDs is cheating too. Blood doping is cheating. Having a metal plate in your glove is cheating.

We have to draw a line somewhere and sometimes the players/coaches try to move the line and it is the league's job to make sure it doesn't.

Since you brought up the Panthers....Which Panther players cheat every game? What rules are being violated that gives us an unfair advantage? Please be specific.

Bruh honor is dead. Especially when millions billions are involved. Hell even in high schools in texas kids are taking PEDs. Baseball over 60% of players have doctors label them as ADD, so they can take uppers(I'm sure the nfl is up there too). NFL just started testing for HGH this year, but their testing system is one huge joke.

Funny that honor and respect are talked about as if they revered in the game of football.  Football has always been a brutal rough sport and there are countless incidences of cheating, bending the rules etc.  Most of the changes are not about anything but avoiding lawsuits, making more money and keeping fans involved.  Honor and respect for the game are most talked about by retired players using revisionistic history as their guide.

Since you brought up the Panthers....Which Panther players cheat every game? What rules are being violated that gives us an unfair advantage? Please be specific.

I don't need to be specific. You know I'm right. Start with the obvious, PEDs. You really think we bring 90 clean guys to camp? I'd be surprised if more than half are.

Every coaching staff in the league coaches simulation and concealment. They do it with injury reports all the time. Coach Ron told us Mike Tolbert had the chubbiness injury. Then it was a sore knee, then it was a broken leg. 

The NFL motto is "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying". 

Steve Smith was notorious for starting fights and drawing penalties on the other team. 

Every team in the NFL has linguists and code breakers that try to decipher the other team's hand signals. The NFL has to draw the line somewhere. But every team walks up to the line and leans over.

I don't need to be specific. You know I'm right. Start with the obvious, PEDs. You really think we bring 90 clean guys to camp? I'd be surprised if more than half are.

Every coaching staff in the league coaches simulation and concealment. They do it with injury reports all the time. Coach Ron told us Mike Tolbert had the chubbiness injury. Then it was a sore knee, then it was a broken leg.

The NFL motto is "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying".

Steve Smith was notorious for starting fights and drawing penalties on the other team.

Every team in the NFL has linguists and code breakers that try to decipher the other team's hand signals. The NFL has to draw the line somewhere. But every team walks up to the line and leans over.

I was simply looking to separate the general assumptions from points of fact. Thanks for clarifying.

It comes from the "talking heads" because when those guys played the game there was honor. It was a friggin war they played and each game a battle. The sports is just over ran by lying, cheating, stealing, women beating, heartless assholes. Who are only out for the dollar. With a few exceptions and i believe the panthers are one tho we have our own faults as well.

Archived