• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Re-Drafting all of the Panthers Rookies....

Jeremy Igo

Good stuff zod.

Its very hard to factor in injuries, that's a unknown. I disagree with tre boston the most, but he was injured. Also turner play while injured and when healthy look 3x better. So grading when they where "healthy"/smarter while factoring they are rookies and comparing to whole draft class, just so many factors. Overall this looks great try and results.

Ahead of Johnson. Probably on par with Hardy. Hardy did well later in the year as well if I remember correctly.

I'd say in between the two, but leaning more towards Hardy mostly due to the amount of play time he got. Johnson rode the pine for his first 3 years or so. Hardy didn't get much playing time his rookie year but made the best of it when he was on the field. He then got better every season. Hopefully Ealy can do the same, but I do agree, he came on strong enough towards the end of the season to show he was a late 1st early second round DE talent. 

Benji - mid first rounder, only complaint is the drops. 

Bene - I would say late 1st to early second. My favorite pick of the draft, even said so when we took him. 

Boston - looked and played like a young charles godfrey. I don't mean that in a bad way, young Godfrey showed promise, as does Boston. Hopefully Boston develops more and doesn't tear an Achilles. 3rd rounder based on his play on the field.

Turner - 2nd rounder. He is so young, too young to risk a first rounder on, but solid enough to throw a second on. Good future ahead of him.

Norwell - 2nd round. No idea why he was undrafted. Played like a beast with a mean streak. 

Philly Brown - 5-7 didn't use him enough to warrant a 3-4 round grade, and his returning was shaky at best. Showed enough promise to be drafted though. Hopefully he gets better at tracking the long ball, but I like him as a slot option. 

Gaffney - 1st overall pick. Future Adrian Peterson and GOAT at RB.

Overall a great, great, great draft and UDFA class

Here is how I see it....in order of how they were originally drafted or UDFA

Kelvin Benjamin - Mid 1st round

Solid production in a WR heavy class.

Kony Ealy - Late 1st round

Came on strong late in the year. Plays both DE and even UT spot.

Trai Turner - Mid 2nd round

Once healthy, was a beast in the run game.

Tre Boston - Early to mid 2nd round

Started and played well. Made rookie mistakes and sometimes slow in coverage.

Bene Benwikere - Mid to late 1st round

Possibly the best career out of all corners in this draft ahead.

Philly Brown - Mid to late 3rd Rounder

Good deep threat. Caught a few TD's which is all you can ask for from a mid round rookie.

Andrew Norwell - Late Second to early 3rd round

Solid guard in the league for years to come.

Adarius Glanton - 5th or 6th round

Had a chance to start and played well. Not much more you can ask of a late rounder.

Carrington Byndom - 7th round

Made the team. Saw limited playing time on special teams. Sounds like a 7th rounder to me.

David Foucault - UDFA

Looked like a UDFA. Just no where near ready to see playing time.

Agree? Disgree?

I have been singing Gettlemen's praises for a while, and was pimping his 2013-14 off season as the best I can recall, if these players develop at an average rate from here.

Boston is my only question--I could not believe SI had him in the top 32--I think, because of the issues, he played about like a third rounder who was inserted late.  But there is something to be said about his preseason and injury rehab--all signs seem positive, but to me, the jury is still out.

That is really splitting hairs.  I challenge anyone to find a better rookie class after one season on any team at any time in NFL history.  You may do it--I doubt it---but it will take some deep digging. 

Now Gettlemen is saying that the draft will actually target needs in 2016 due to 23 contracts expiring after the 2015 season.  Without this rookie class, without the security of going to the playoffs again, I am not sure he would be in position to look past immediate needs.  Of course, he also says that he drafts BPA, and going after needs makes you reach.  Gotta love DG.

That is really splitting hairs. I challenge anyone to find a better rookie class after one season on any team at any time in NFL history. You may do it--I doubt it---but it will take some deep digging.

thats easy,the 74' Pittsburgh Stellers drafted 4 HOFs...Lynn Swann,Jack Lambert,John Stallworth,and Mike Webster.

Kelvin Benjamin - Late 1st round

Awesome target with under average hands.

Kony Ealy - early 3nd round

In a year or 2 he could be as good as Hardy..

Caterpillar D6 TXL

Tre Boston - 3nd round to 6nd

I have no idea, i want to see more.

Bene Benwikere - mid 2nd round

obviously a wonder but i want to see more.

Philly Brown - Mid 4nd Round

A solid N°3 wr

Andrew Norwell - Mid 2nd round

Norwell an UDFA? what a joke! 

I want to see more.(invisible against the hawks..)

Carrington Byndom

Who is this guy?

David Foucault - UDFA

He will have to work alot before and during the next camp..

thats easy,the 74' Pittsburgh Stellers drafted 4 HOFs...Lynn Swann,Jack Lambert,John Stallworth,and Mike Webster.

Yes--that was an awesome group--heads and shoulders above others looking back 40 years.  But as rookies, were these guys better than our rookies?  If so, how much?   There have been approximately 1,200 team rookie classes in the NFL since the 74 Steelers.  Could this be the best since?  How many of this class have a shot to make the HOF one day?

Kelvin Benjamin - Late 1st round

Awesome target with under average hands.

Kony Ealy - early 3nd round

In a year or 2 he could be as good as Hardy..

Caterpillar D6 TXL

Tre Boston - 3nd round to 6nd

I have no idea, i want to see more.

Bene Benwikere - mid 2nd round

obviously a wonder but i want to see more.

Philly Brown - Mid 4nd Round

A solid N°3 wr

Andrew Norwell - Mid 2nd round

Norwell an UDFA? what a joke! 

I want to see more.(invisible against the hawks..)

Carrington Byndom

Who is this guy?

David Foucault - UDFA

He will have to work alot before and during the next camp..

This is pretty spot on.   I was thinking (in October) that Ealy was going to pull an Everette Brown on us, so I can see that low of a ranking.  Nice to see the light come on and I agree that he is going to be Hardy in a while.  I love the Norwell comment and agree.  I have a brother in law who is an OSU alum and lives in Columbus.  He said that we got some studs in Brown and Norwell (I called him after we signed him).  He said that Norwell flew under the radar because Mewhort was getting all of the buzz. 

Let's hope benjamin works on his hands.  I think he has hands, just concentration issues.  He seems to drop easy passes and catch the tough balls. 

Archived