• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Re-Drafting all of the Panthers Rookies....

Jeremy Igo

Here is how I see it....in order of how they were originally drafted or UDFA

Kelvin Benjamin - Mid 1st round

Solid production in a WR heavy class.

Kony Ealy - Late 1st round

Came on strong late in the year. Plays both DE and even UT spot.

Trai Turner - Mid 2nd round

Once healthy, was a beast in the run game.

Tre Boston - Early to mid 2nd round

Started and played well. Made rookie mistakes and sometimes slow in coverage.

Bene Benwikere - Mid to late 1st round

Possibly the best career out of all corners in this draft ahead.

Philly Brown - Mid to late 3rd Rounder

Good deep threat. Caught a few TD's which is all you can ask for from a mid round rookie.

Andrew Norwell - Late Second to early 3rd round

Solid guard in the league for years to come.

Adarius Glanton - 5th or 6th round

Had a chance to start and played well. Not much more you can ask of a late rounder.

Carrington Byndom - 7th round

Made the team. Saw limited playing time on special teams. Sounds like a 7th rounder to me.

David Foucault - UDFA

Looked like a UDFA. Just no where near ready to see playing time.

Agree? Disgree?

I agree with Ealy being a late first rounder.

What are some of your thoughts on Ealy's rookie year vs the rookie years of Charles Johnson and Hardy?  Would you say he is ahead of where they both were at the same point of their careers?

I agree with Ealy being a late first rounder.

What are some of your thoughts on Ealy's rookie year vs the rookie years of Charles Johnson and Hardy?  Would you say he is ahead of where they both were at the same point of their careers?

Ahead of Johnson. Probably on par with Hardy. Hardy did well later in the year as well if I remember correctly.

I'd put Norwell in the 4th. He's very good at what he does. But he can only do certain things. Mainly maul the guy in front of him and pull in the trap game. His best attribute is his attitude and football IQ. When he gets lost in the play, he doesn't just stand there, he finds someone to hit. He always gets involved.  

Tre Boston I could see moving up to the 3rd round but 2nd is a bit too high. He had a very solid (albeit short) rookie campaign. He has a lot to learn. 

The rest of those grades are pretty much how I feel. If Philly was drafted in 2012 or 2011, you could have seen him in the 3rd-5th round. I think there was so many great WR prospects, several teams got their guy and didn't want to carry multiple rookies at WR.

I'm still not sold on Boston and we saw that against Seattle. I think we reached for Boston and I believe we would get him in the 4th again if we did a do over.

Bene 2-3 round guy. Really like Bene but if you're drafting a CB in the 1st you're looking for guys with number 1 potential and I think Bene is a 2 at best.

Philly would be a 5-7 round guy, still haven't seen enough. Very small frame with little to no shake. Good route runner and solid hands, definitely deserved to be picked though.

The rest I agree with.

Statistically, Hardy came out a little ahead. But Hardy played more snaps as I remember it. There are similarities though. Hardy really blew up in year 3. That was the year he came in at like 295 and really worked his butt off. 2011 Coach Ron named him a starter in the Summer, he wrecked his motorcycle and got a late start in Ron's defense. 

I'm still not sold on Boston and we saw that against Seattle. I think we reached for Boston and I believe we would get him in the 4th again if we did a do over.

Bene 2-3 round guy. Really like Bene but if you're drafting a CB in the 1st you're looking for guys with number 1 potential and I think Bene is a 2 at best.

Philly would be a 5-7 round guy, still haven't seen enough. Very small frame with little to no shake. Good route runner and solid hands, definitely deserved to be picked though.

The rest I agree with.

Bene had the best numbers at cb than all other rookies. That's first rounder to me.

Archived