• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dick's Sporting Goods top 10 selling NFL Jerseys...

Jeremy Igo

Aceboogie with more race baiting. It's a double whammy. Black folk don't buy jerseys. White folk don't buy black player's jerseys. That's sad.

Sad that we've come to the point that we can't make a statement without it being called "race baiting". I'm not talking about super fans. Yes there all super fans buy jerseys. I'm black and I buy jerseys, but somewhere there is pie chart that proves my point. And yes more than likely the common fan is going to buy the jersey of the best player he relates to the most.

Sad that we've come to the point that we can't make a statement without it being called "race baiting". I'm not talking about super fans. Yes there all super fans buy jerseys. I'm black and I buy jerseys, but somewhere there is pie chart that proves my point. And yes more than likely the common fan is going to buy the jersey of the best player he relates to the most.

I just disagree. I don't think race factors into the majority of people's decisions.You are suggesting white people prefer to buy white player's jerseys which is not true and a negative portrayal of White fans. Most of those players are Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks with established legacies or long term contracts. A fairer stereotype would be White people prefer to buy jerseys that won't be outdated when the player leaves in free agency. 

In 2004 I bought a Julius Peppers jersey because he was a great player and signed a new contract. I could have bought Jake, Dan, or Steve but I felt like Julius would be someone I could wear for several years without him leaving. 

Archived