• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Senior Bowl Thread

Jeremy Igo

While it isn't top heavy, this is a pretty deep OT class. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we stayed away from the position for the most part during free agency and went hard and heavy on it come draft weekend. Lot of guys really impressed there this week.

There does seem like a lot of real quality mid round tackle prospects this year. Could stay away from the position at the top couple rounds of the draft

I wonder if Marshall should not be at S instead of Cb. 

Thanks for sharing GROWL. 

I watched a bit on TV today until the Brady circus intervened.  Here are some basic assumptions I made in what little they showed.  Correct misconceptions:

OT--Collins held his own and is still a mid to late first rounder

OT-Clemmings from Pitt probably dropped into the second round

OT Donavan Smith should probably be a 3rd rounder, but someone will take him sooner based on his practices at SR Bowl.

OT-Havenstein (Wisc) may have helped himself more than any other T; started the week a mid to late day 3 pick, now could be a day 2 pick. (I like OL from Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St, and Boston College.  Just me)

While it isn't top heavy, this is a pretty deep OT class. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we stayed away from the position for the most part during free agency and went hard and heavy on it come draft weekend. Lot of guys really impressed there this week.

Interesting comment because I see it shaping up that way.  I was once certain that we needed a first round T, and now I dont, unless we intend to grab 2 in the draft. 

I would like to see us take Humphries from Mallard Creek HS and Florida.  He had some injuries and inconsistent play (could be due to injuries) and his stock is down.

There are a couple from Oklahoma. 

I'm gonna post all my observations later today from the week.

Had a nice quick chat with Mike Craft today, who always catches me off guard with how nice he is. Knew his stuff too, was big fan of Trenton Brown.

Havent seen Voth yet. Kept an eye out. Always a rare chance to talk Panthers football with somebody when youre out of state.

Craft is a great guy. You feel like he's been a buddy all of your life after meeting him.  Chatted with him in the shade at OTAs for about 20 minutes one day.  He is as nice as they come.

One to watch: Adrian Amos S Penn St.  First of all, he just seems like a Gettlemen pick.  Read up on this guy--high character leader at a position of need.

Adrian Amos (@SmashAmos_4) | Twitter

Amos is an exceptional athlete. This past summer at the annual Penn State combine that is held each year, Amos posted a 4.45 laser-timed 40 yard dash, and a 35.5 in vertical. He played his senior season around 210 pounds, but weighed in at 215 this week at the Senior Bowl. He has a smooth backpedal, corner-like hips, and excellent reaction skills when the ball is in the air. He did not tally a ton of interceptions while at Penn State due mainly to the scheme the corners were taught to play under Paterno and then Bill O'Brien, and when Bob Shoup took over as defensive coordinator last year under head coach James Franklin, Amos was at free safety. Still he managed a career high three interceptions, and showed a propensity for coming up and making the big hit on defense.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/1/22/7871143/redskins-senior-bowl-prospect-safety-adrian-amos

4th rounder

The other Kevin White (tcu) is impressing at the Senior Bowl.  Wouldn't mind the Panthers picking him up.  He shutdown the Kevin White (wvu) when they played against each other last year.  Only issue is he is shorter than preferred. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000461706/article/tcu-cb-kevin-white-draws-strong-reviews-at-senior-bowl

One to watch: Adrian Amos S Penn St.  First of all, he just seems like a Gettlemen pick.  Read up on this guy--high character leader at a position of need.

Adrian Amos (@SmashAmos_4) | Twitter

Amos is an exceptional athlete. This past summer at the annual Penn State combine that is held each year, Amos posted a 4.45 laser-timed 40 yard dash, and a 35.5 in vertical. He played his senior season around 210 pounds, but weighed in at 215 this week at the Senior Bowl. He has a smooth backpedal, corner-like hips, and excellent reaction skills when the ball is in the air. He did not tally a ton of interceptions while at Penn State due mainly to the scheme the corners were taught to play under Paterno and then Bill O'Brien, and when Bob Shoup took over as defensive coordinator last year under head coach James Franklin, Amos was at free safety. Still he managed a career high three interceptions, and showed a propensity for coming up and making the big hit on defense.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/1/22/7871143/redskins-senior-bowl-prospect-safety-adrian-amos

4th rounder

So are we thinking SS in the NFL, or CB. Love his measurements, speed and cover ability that we need in our safeties.  I love hard hitting physical safeties, but I feel like we've lacked a safety that has cover skills for a looooonnggg time!

*Heading over to Draft Breakdown to see if he's there.... thanks MHS*

Interesting comment because I see it shaping up that way. I was once certain that we needed a first round T, and now I dont, unless we intend to grab 2 in the draft.

I would like to see us take Humphries from Mallard Creek HS and Florida. He had some injuries and inconsistent play (could be due to injuries) and his stock is down.

There are a couple from Oklahoma.

I think it's entirely possible that the draft shapes up a lot like last year. The depth at that position will convince a lot of teams to wait on getting one, and we have one of the better first tier a Kelvin Benjaminesque options fall to us. There isn't much separating he top guys from the tier just below them, and teams in the Top 16 or so may decide just nab one with their 2nd round pick.

So are we thinking SS in the NFL, or CB. Love his measurements, speed and cover ability that we need in our safeties.  I love hard hitting physical safeties, but I feel like we've lacked a safety that has cover skills for a looooonnggg time!

*Heading over to Draft Breakdown to see if he's there.... thanks MHS*

I am loving him at S. 

Archived