• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Senior Bowl Thread

Jeremy Igo

Interesting.  I never saw him as a tweener when I watched him this season.  Of course, I'm no pro scout either.  6'5", very long arms, and he had really quick feet.  I think he could stand to put on a little weight, which wouldn't be much of a problem considering his frame.  I just assumed he'd get snatched quite a bit earlier than 25.

At the SR Bowl measure/weigh in, his arms and height were shorter than I thought.  He was 6'4.5" and had about 33.25" arms.   I read that he would be a pro bowl G, a so-so OT.  This was also a comment that I read, cut and pasted, and lost the source-

LSU OT La’el Collins wanted to establish himself as the best tackle in the draft but he needs to be more consistent over the next few days to cement that status. He got beat a few times, one a terrific spin move by Oklahoma DE/OLB Geneo Grissom. The Jaguars OL coaches were exasperated with the whole group but they know what they have in Collins and stayed on him to finish his blocks and dominate, especially in the run game.

I did get the senior bowl weigh in info here for your convenience.  If this one day is any indication, I would say Collins might be there at 25.

http://draftbreakdown.com/2015-senior-bowl-weigh-in/

I was very surprised to read (and on NFL network) that the OT from Penn St. Donavan Smith had a good day.  His measurables are impressive too.

Its a smokescreen.

Dude is Bup Bup Bup Bup Bpa

That was amusing, thank you.

Anyway, I don't necessarily think that it is a smokescreen, per se.  G-man has put his draft philosophy out there on more than one occasion, and BPA is what we're gonna get.  In my mind the fun is trying to think like G-man. We have to determine whether or not so and so at his position is better than so and so at their position.  I also think that based upon his penchant for big men, there is always that (though it's not gonna out-trump talent or upside, like G-man's apparent evaluation of OBJ). I also think that throwing in a players overall football smarts or aptitude is something G-man covets (like Belichick), as in the case of picking Klein and Gaffney late. Lastly, there is always the D-lineman thing. G-man outright expressed his love for D-lineman---especially pass-rushers---and the fact that they're hard for him to pass up (like a bowl of good banana pudding).

Anyway, that's a lot to take in, I know.  At the end of the day it's still mostly an exercise in futility, but just something to do that really doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Bup bup bup bup BPA is still G-man's narrative and modus operandi.  

Archived