• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Senior Bowl Thread

Jeremy Igo

3 year starter. 1st year at LG, last 2 at LT. big mauler LT, who is really good at run blocking.  some think he can be an all pro OG, and a decent OT. technique can be sloppy, but he still gets the job done. nasty blocker. wants to pancake you, and dominate you on every block. i got some notes on him, after watching several games/ cut ups.

Sounds like a poor man's Greg Robinson.

La'El being on the board at 25?  I'm doubting it, but would be nice!

Some think he is a tweener T/G, and I hear RT by some--maybe he falls to us based on misconceptions.  I think (from the little I watched him) that he would be a solid LT.

If you make this about Math, you can conclude that it is likely 4-5 OTs are taken in round 1.

Scherff is a top 10 pikc

Flowers will be taken in the top 20 from what I hear in January

Peat could be drafted in top 20 (Some say he is soft, but I have not seen it)

Clemmings is probably the best T, he simply plays RT.  Could a team with few needs draft a RT from Pitt in the first round?  Who does that?  I think he is a first rounder.

Collins Could be there at 25. but I would say he goes off the board around 20, with Peat and Flowers.  

If that happens, I might take Clemmings and let him and Remmers compete for LT, loser gets RT.  Going to be interesting. 

Wel tto be fair, last I saw the rich man's Greg Robinson wasn't starting at left tackle.

He was the Ram's starting LT in November and December after Jake Long's knee exploded again. And, as expected, he was a powerful run blocker and a sketchy-and-still-learning pass blocker.

I was checking out the Senior Bowl coverage on NFL.com today, and saw some pretty interesting stuff.

After the top tackles, the second tier could still deliver some starting NFL players, which was cool.  I really like the kid out of Pitt.  I can't recall his name, but he looks the part and played well, except when you cross him, then he got embarrassed.  I believe that's a coaching issue.

There is still a long way to go before the orders start to get clear.  More work outs, the Combine, and the media circus tearing folks up and down.

I think G-Man is going to go after the A&M Tackle who blew his knee out (so long as it's a cut and dry ligament thing) in the later rounds.  I also feel like we can really improve our OL and possibly DL Depth through this draft.

It sucks to be out of the playoffs, but this is an exciting and hopeful time.  I'll take it!

Archived