• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Senior Bowl Thread

Jeremy Igo

Anyone going to be watching?

Last year, the Panthers didn't draft anyone from the Senior Bowl and had arguably their best draft ever overall.

The year before, they got KK Short and Kenjon Barner. So Gettleman does have a history of drafting from the Senior Bowl, although results have been a mixed bag.

Good quote from Gettleman from Panthers.com on the 2015 draft class overall...

"We had meetings (with our college scouts) back in December, and it is going to be strong at wide receiver again," Gettleman said. "It looks like it is going to be strong at offensive tackle again. I feel like there is going to be some depth at defensive end and pass rushers – you know how I feel about pass rushers."

WR - OT - DE

Gettleman dropping info on what he is really after or .... smokescreen?

So many more talented seniors this year, than in year's past.  I will certainly be watching and looking at a ton of players for Carolina.

North:  

Crowder

Montgomery

Devin Smith

Drummond

Abdullah

Langford

Cobb

Clemmings

Mayle

Hardy 

Lippett

Orchard

South:

Tartt

David Johnson

Lockett

Prewitt

Geathers

Artis-Payne

Sambrailo

Collins

Flowers (DE)

I'd love to snag Justin Hardy in the mid-rounds.

He would immediately be our best return option and probably could develop into a solid WR2-3.

He would definitely be an improvement to our return game. It's going to be interesting to see him running NFL-style routes. Most of his catches were short to intermediate routes designed to quickly get him the ball in space.

Archived