• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AFC championship game thread....

Jeremy Igo

Talk all you want to about how bad Kaepernick is. What he has accomplished in his 3 seasons as starter in the NFL is right up there Cam and Luck.

Only Brady and maybe Big Ben got Wilson tho.

Eh. Debateable.

If you're talking about 3 conference championship appearances, think about Mark Sanchez and his back to back trips. And Alex Smith.

I can argue that Cam, Luck, and Wilson are in the same class, but Kaepernick the passer is nowhere closer. He's a good runner though, I'll give him that.

Kaepernick had arguably the "most talented" squad in the NFL for two seasons and a very good offensively minded head coach. He should be in the conversation.

Everybody loves to talk about Kaep taking over for a talented team.

Hello, didn't Cutler take over a talented team in Denver and proceeded to run that team into the ground? The Cutler and the Kaepernick situation are almost identical.

When Cutler got his deal last year, AFTER being OUTPLAYED by his back up McCown, the National Media and the Huddle had no problems with it.

But people have a problem with Kaepernick?

The same Kaepernick, that I might add, came on the road and beat the Panthers in the playoffs.

Once again, Luck, Newton, Wilson and Kaepernick are about the same.

think if we had Wilson or Kaepernick here. We'd be terrifying in the playoffs

Imo, not really.  Kapernick is not a very good passer.  Might be a little bit better with Wilson, but then again, maybe not.

IMO, the best quarterback I ever watched was Dan Marino, but he never won a Superbowl.  The one time he went, he came up against a team that had as good an offense as Miami did, and a dramatically better defense. 

Eh. Debateable.

If you're talking about 3 conference championship appearances, think about Mark Sanchez and his back to back trips. And Alex Smith.

I can argue that Cam, Luck, and Wilson are in the same class, but Kaepernick the passer is nowhere closer. He's a good runner though, I'll give him that.

See my post about Cutler and Jake Plummer in Denver when comparing Kaepernick and Alex Smith.

The exact same situations.

Cutler took is team OUT of the playoffs that just went to the AFC championship, and Kaepernick his team that just went to the NFC championship game to about 5 yards of a SB victory.

Just because you inherited a good team doesn't mean they will remain good.

See, Cutler, Jay in Denver.

And up until a month ago everyone thought Cutler was a franchise QB worthy of 100 million dollars.

Why isn't Kaepernick?

Hello, didn't Cutler take over a talented team in Denver and proceeded to run that team into the ground? The Cutler and the Kaepernick situation are almost identical.

When Cutler got his deal last year, AFTER being OUTPLAYED by his back up McCown, the National Media and the Huddle had no problems with it.

But people have a problem with Kaepernick?

The same Kaepernick, that I might add, came on the road and beat the Panthers in the playoffs.

Once again, Luck, Newton, Wilson and Kaepernick are about the same.

I said, "most talented." Plenty of teams have talent. With that said, from day one Kaepernick had the surrounding cast, coaches, and front office. Cam had none of that.

I said, "most talented." Plenty of teams have talent. With that said, from day one Kaepernick had the surrounding cast, coaches, and front office. Cam had none of that.

Can't disagree with Kaepernick having a great supporting cast, and it being far, far, far superior to Newton. But given his division, and given his offense line, and his OC Roman, Kaepernick is about the same as Newton. And Wilson. And Luck.

Would Kaepernick do as good as Wilson? or put up the same numbers as Luck? or deal with a talent-less offense as Newton?

Maybe. Maybe not.

But there isn't some huge gap between Kaepernick and Luck, Wilson, or Newton.

Just like there isn't some huge difference between Stafford and Rivers.

Maybe I missed all the threads where people thought Cutler was a really good QB who deserved money and accolades?

I thought it was a general consensus that Cutler is at best an inconsistent gunslinger.

Archived