• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bratwurst...

Jeremy Igo

Grill first and then simmer in a shallow pan of beer, onions, sour kraut, apples slices, and fennel. IMO much better than boiling first. That suggestion was given to me by someone from Milwaukee.

Well sumbitch, this sounds great

After the grill simmer I like to grill again while trying to almost encrust them with charred mustard and and then top with a tong full of the onion apple kraut mixture. Im doing this tomorrow with som venison brats.

Boiled in beer before grilling! I put peppers and onions in the same beer bath.

Yep. Add some garlic and red pepper flakes to the beer, and continue boiling the beer peppers and onions while you're finishing the brats on the grill. It will reduce a little and make a nice sauce to spoon over them.

I like the Bavarian kraut.

a couple cans of Bavarian kraut with carraway seeds,add an onion and red pepper (diced),few shots of hot sauce,a tablespoon of honey or sugar,couple tablespoons of vegetable oil.then depending on desired tenderness simmer 30 to 45 minutes in beer (preferably 6oz. ale)...booooya a bratwurst condiment.

Archived