• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tightening up on link policy

Jeremy Igo

Not that I don't believe you, Zod, as this is your site and you do a wonderful job running it, but I'd like to know where you get your info from on this. I belong to NASIOC, which is a much larger site than this and would have much more to lose if it were shut down. Yet they let users post entire articles there. In fact, users get mad when someone doesn't post the entire article and "make" the reader follow a link, lol.

Is this a national thing you follow? Is it state by state? Specific to your board software (they're vBulletin)?

Also, they give grief over there for hotlinking images and not using imgur (for example) as a way to host photos (especially in a Post Any Pic thread). Yet I've yet to see any complaints here about hotlinking.

I find it all interesting. Seriously. What's the scoop?

Not that I don't believe you, Zod, as this is your site and you do a wonderful job running it, but I'd like to know where you get your info from on this. I belong to NASIOC, which is a much larger site than this and would have much more to lose if it were shut down. Yet they let users post entire articles there. In fact, users get mad when someone doesn't post the entire article and "make" the reader follow a link, lol.

Is this a national thing you follow? Is it state by state? Specific to your board software (they're vBulletin)?

Also, they give grief over there for hotlinking images and not using imgur (for example) as a way to host photos (especially in a Post Any Pic thread). Yet I've yet to see any complaints here about hotlinking.

I find it all interesting. Seriously. What's the scoop?

Illuminati rule 6, subsection 4, paragraph 9:

Those who fail to post hot links are subject to the following discipline: Babysitting Kim Kardasion and Kanye Wests love child.

What would you do?

Archived