• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What receiver do you want the panthers to draft?

GoobyPls

Yeah. God forbid if you don't draft to help out your franchise QB.

I seem to remember that the knock on Farve was that he threw so hard he would break people's fingers so they went out and made sure they had WR's with hands that could catch his ball.

You miss the point....  and you're argument about Favre is ridiculous, and never happened.

You don't draft for a deficiency in a single player.  Getting guys in FA, and during the draft is to improve the team as a whole.  We desperately need WR's with speed, so you go after the best one.  You don't skip over someone because they're not 6'5", and you think they won't be able to catch your QB's high throws.  What if you have a QB that throws low?  You going to go after short guys?  QB needs to fix his damn game, not the team catering to a bad mechanic.

He is what the team needs. A talented WR with great hands.Cotchery only has a year left. We ALSO need a speedy receiver as well.

Hardy is going to be a solid pro receiver for many years and I would not be upset if we drafted him.  I'm an ECU grad, so I've watched Hardy play every game.  No question he is a special player, but I just wanted people here to understand that he is not a speedster. 

Hardy runs excellent routes and his hands are so big that he never drops catches.  His return skills are so so because he mainly just called for fair catches in college.  However, I've never seen a player catch a punt with such ease which would be a welcome change for Panthers fans. 

I have a buddy that is a pro scout and he said Hardy's 40 time or current perception of his 40 time is affecting his draft grade.  If he runs a sub 4.5 40 at the combine, he's stock will soar because there is no questioning everything else with his game. 

Hardy is going to be a solid pro receiver for many years and I would not be upset if we drafted him. I'm an ECU grad, so I've watched Hardy play every game. No question he is a special player, but I just wanted people here to understand that he is not a speedster.

Hardy runs excellent routes and his hands are so big that he never drops catches. His return skills are so so because he mainly just called for fair catches in college. However, I've never seen a player catch a punt with such ease which would be a welcome change for Panthers fans.

I have a buddy that is a pro scout and he said Hardy's 40 time or current perception of his 40 time is affecting his draft grade. If he runs a sub 4.5 40 at the combine, he's stock will soar because there is no questioning everything else with his game.

Agreed. Honestly I'm hoping he is sluggish on combine day so we can scoop him up in 2/3. Not a speedster but definitely a great addition.

Agreed. Honestly I'm hoping he is sluggish on combine day so we can scoop him up in 2/3. Not a speedster but definitely a great addition.

He would be an absolute steal in the 3rd and I don't think it is unreasonable to get him in this round.  If he was taller, he'd be gone in the first most likely. 

I've been doing some reading on Dorial Green Beckham. I'm guessing most of you may not know why his last name is hyphonated. He is a special talent and has the skills to be something very special in this league. In an environment with lots of support (Cam/Davis/ron etc) he could absolutely flourish. I'd take a chance on him and draft him.

I've been doing some reading on Dorial Green Beckham. I'm guessing most of you may not know why his last name is hyphonated. He is a special talent and has the skills to be something very special in this league. In an environment with lots of support (Cam/Davis/ron etc) he could absolutely flourish. I'd take a chance on him and draft him.

I mocked him to us in the draft section. Check out his ultimate highlights video on youtube. Unreal.

Yeah he's growing on me, just concerned about his weed issues. He does have the size and speed we need to be a number 2. Just need another burner with hands in the slot. Philly is good but gets hurt to often. Taking D-G-B in the first, OT in the second, then another slot WR in the third or later wouldn't hurt.

Archived