• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Explain the Duron Carter hype to me please

Jeremy Igo

They're still playing and we're not. Then again we might be if our first option on that play was Nicks and not Bersin. Nicks would have easily been our #2 WR this year.

Oh yeah, I'm sure a guy who couldn't beat out a 3rd round rookie and a 36 year old who's lost a step for playing time is the missing piece for us to make the Super Bowl :rolleyes:

Overpaying for underperformance was our old GM's thing, not our current one's.

Dude he played no where near the amount of time as cotchery. No matter how you slice it Nicks > Cotchery

I think you missed the point. All of that anger of not signing Nicks and he goes to a prolific pass offense and produces on par with Cotchery. Less yards but more TDs.

I think you missed the point. All of that anger of not signing Nicks and he goes to a prolific pass offense and produces on par with Cotchery. Less yards but more TDs.

Pretty much.

Could he have made us better? Probably.

Would he have brought enough to be worth what the Colts paid him though?

No.

Since Hakeem Nicks signed a one year deal with the Colts and didn't do great I can't help but wonder if his price will be a lot less when free agency hits? If we can sign him for less than two million maybe we could sign him. Maybe he could resurrect his career in Carolina and be our #2. Worse case scenario is he would be an upgrade over Cotchery/Bersin.

The short answer:

Because Carolina Panther fans are so desperate for this team to land a huge talent and have that talent show up on the field, they'll find any fact or fiction to further that argument.

If Carolina had the last pick in the draft, Mr. Irrelevant, Panther fans would find at least 10 reasons why the guy should be a starter come Week 1.

Well, i only need one reason why he would be a starter week one.

Its cause Gettleman picked him

Not when you factor salary in.

The Colts paid 3.5 million for a guy who never rose above fourth receiver (fifth or sixth option when you throw in TEs).

For that price, we got three guys (Benjamin, Cotchery and Philly Brown).

This from the same GM that traded a first round pick for a guy they didn't even activate this past Sunday.

You owned that guy

Archived