• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Explain the Duron Carter hype to me please

Jeremy Igo

He signs here: "OMG, we just signed a potential superstar!"

He signs elsewhere: "WTF, we just missed out on a potential superstar!"

ala Hackim Nicks who did less/equal to in Indianapolis than Cothcery did here in Carolina...

Dude he played no where near the amount of time as cotchery. No matter how you slice it Nicks > Cotchery

Not when you factor salary in.

The Colts paid 3.5 million for a guy who never rose above fourth receiver (fifth or sixth option when you throw in TEs).

For that price, we got three guys (Benjamin, Cotchery and Philly Brown).

This from the same GM that traded a first round pick for a guy they didn't even activate this past Sunday.

i think Jeremy, and others, are more worried about the reaction of the userbase if we don't sign this guy. We've seen it before with players like Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, etc.

Fullblown Meltdown

I guess I can see that....Gettleman seems to have an eye for finding talented players outside of the conventional drafting process so if Gettleman signs a guy like Hill or Carter, I tend to expect a higher probability of success than I ever did with Hurney. I know they can't all be superstars but it would be great if we can get another big, young target for Cam.

Bersin has made a NFL team and has had receptions.

Carter was cut in 2013 and has never played a NFL down.

Anything that is being said about Carter right now comes from people speckalizing

So has Armite Edwards what does this mean..

Not when you factor salary in.

The Colts paid 3.5 million for a guy who never rose above fourth receiver (fifth or sixth option when you throw in TEs).

For that price, we got three guys (Benjamin, Cotchery and Philly Brown).

This from the same GM that traded a first round pick for a guy they didn't even activate this past Sunday.

They're still playing and we're not. Then again we might be if our first option on that play was Nicks and not Bersin. Nicks would have easily been our #2 WR this year.

Archived