• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Explain the Duron Carter hype to me please

Jeremy Igo

Bersin has made a NFL team and has had receptions.

Carter was cut in 2013 and has never played a NFL down.

Anything that is being said about Carter right now comes from people speckalizing

Brenton Bersin also had the advantage of being on the Panthers practice squad for two years. I also think that one of the main reasons Bersin made the practice squad/team is because he went to Wofford. He has talent but not NFL talent (sure I'll get bashed for that).

Carter needed to go to the CFL to mature his game and himself. But like I said we could just have another hype train on our hands. Either way I think it's worth the risk

Brenton Bersin also had the advantage of being on the Panthers practice squad for two years. I also think that one of the main reasons Bersin made the practice squad/team is because he went to Wofford. He has talent but not NFL talent (sure I'll get bashed for that).

Carter needed to go to the CFL to mature his game and himself. But like I said we could just have another hype train on our hands. Either way I think it's worth the risk

The wofford connection is way overblown. Maybe it got him into tryouts, but he earned every bit of what came after with hard work. His teammates have nothing but complete respect for him. You should too.

Why not try out the guy? At worse he's the best Kick Returner on our team. There's not even any argument to that. 

it's like bringing in a UDFA. He's not even  a risk at this point, but loads of possible rewardss.

Why would you be against that?

Duron Carter has hype right now because he is 6'5, son of a hall of fame wide receiver, had 2 good years in the CFL which has produced many NFL players, and has potential to be a #1 WR according to some.

He could be signed for a practice squad contract so I say why not? No risk at all. If he does happen to live up to the hype then we could have two 6'5 starting WRs. With Philly Brown as our #3 or if somehow Hill worked his way up to the #3 WR we would have 3 6'4 WRs which would really help Cam. It would be a dream scenario if this did happen, we wouldn't need to draft or sign a F/A WR which would help us out greatly.

Why not try out the guy? At worse he's the best Kick Returner on our team. There's not even any argument to that.

it's like bringing in a UDFA. He's not even a risk at this point, but loads of possible rewardss.

Why would you be against that?

I'm not against it. I think it's smart.

But the Panthers try out players of his caliber and experience every week year round.

Just don't get all the hype surrounding this one. Probably all in his name.

I'm not against it. I think it's smart.

But the Panthers try out players of his caliber and experience every week year round.

Just don't get all the hype surrounding this one. Probably all in his name.

Oh yeah then definitely. Dude's never played a snap in the NFL and they're already calling him great.

if we sign him, i'd like to see what he brings to OTAs and Training camp before i even get remotely excited

What's wrong with trying to find the upside or brighside in an unproven player? It's sort of like the hopeful outlook people (myself included) have for Stephen Hill. They guy has measurables and I really hope can be an asset to our team - the same way I feel about Carter.

Why does it bother some Panther fans to express a positive outlook and hope for the best? It seems there's a whole crew of dismissive "he sucks" people that just want to dump on almost everything. Nobody knows how players will turn out so what's the benefit of being a wet blanket and proactively dumping on fans looking for us to add a player that just may end up being really good? I simply don't get it....Please explain.

The short answer:

Because Carolina Panther fans are so desperate for this team to land a huge talent and have that talent show up on the field, they'll find any fact or fiction to further that argument.

If Carolina had the last pick in the draft, Mr. Irrelevant, Panther fans would find at least 10 reasons why the guy should be a starter come Week 1.

What's wrong with trying to find the upside or brighside in an unproven player? It's sort of like the hopeful outlook people (myself included) have for Stephen Hill. They guy has measurables and I really hope can be an asset to our team - the same way I feel about Carter.

Why does it bother some Panther fans to express a positive outlook and hope for the best? It seems there's a whole crew of dismissive "he sucks" people that just want to dump on almost everything. Nobody knows how players will turn out so what's the benefit of being a wet blanket and proactively dumping on fans looking for us to add a player that just may end up being really good? I simply don't get it....Please explain.

i think Jeremy, and others, are more worried about the reaction of the userbase if we don't sign this guy. We've seen it before with players like Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, etc.

Fullblown Meltdown

i think Jeremy, and others, are more worried about the reaction of the userbase if we don't sign this guy. We've seen it before with players like Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, etc.

Fullblown Meltdown

Or if we do sign him and he sits on the practice squad... Like another highly touted receiver...

Archived