• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Explain the Duron Carter hype to me please

Jeremy Igo

You guys are selling him short. He's gonna be amazing. I'm taking Stephen Hill like performances.

60f.jpg

Granted, this is the same forum that predicted Stephen Hill, Hakeem Nicks, David Gettis and others would rule the gridiron.  People were ready to hang Gettleman if he didn't sign them.

Being brutally honest, that he's Cris's son is probably the biggest part of it. Outside of that, the fact that he's 6'5 and has a highlight reel factors in.

I do think some folks are overrating the 'history repeats itself' angle. Yes, his dad turned it around from having a bad attitude to become a Hall of Famer. And yes, he's had a bad attitude and could do the same, but I don't think he's as talented as his dad and honestly, that's a big stretch anyway.

I'm cool if we sign him. If he works out well maybe he and Benjamin can form a 'twin towers' type of attack as receivers.

But if we don't, I won't consider it any huge tragedy.

THIS^^^^^^^

With the idea of saving a couple bucks and the fact we need speed. He would be worth the signing.

Good measurables, good highlight reel. No reason not to gamble, especially if he's not looking for a big contract. 

Reward> Risk at this point (given he has the right price tag). 

Pretty funny if he goes to the Vikings. The expectations that would be there, and the burden of having a HoF dad seems horrible. Oh well.

I guess when your WR group consists of a tall, slow guy who can only catch every second or third game, a small, injury-prone guy who can run fast, and the empty husk of Jerricho Cotchery people get excited about anything you might throw at WR.

Archived