• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Explain the Duron Carter hype to me please

Jeremy Igo

Was kicked out of school for substance abuse.

Wasn't drafted in 2013 though he entered.

Tried out for Vikings, was cut before season started. 

Played 2 years in CFL and looked bad in their playoffs.

Is it his last name? Why are people so excited about him?

Kid must have one hell of a publicist.

Being brutally honest, that he's Cris's son is probably the biggest part of it.  Outside of that, the fact that he's 6'5 and has a highlight reel factors in.

I do think some folks are overrating the 'history repeats itself' angle.  Yes, his dad turned it around from having a bad attitude to become a Hall of Famer.  And yes, he's had a bad attitude and could do the same, but I don't think he's as talented as his dad and honestly, that's a big stretch anyway.

I'm cool if we sign him.  If he works out well maybe he and Benjamin can form a 'twin towers' type of attack as receivers.

But if we don't, I won't consider it any huge tragedy.

The guy is talented. No question about it. Receivers are a dime a dozen as far as skill (unless you're talking about AJ, Calvin, Dez, etc.) - it's comes down to putting in the work. Disagree if you want but there are more talented guys sitting at home on the couch than there are on the Panthers roster. They are sitting at home because they have a shitty attitude and horrible work ethic.

The guy is talented. No question about it. Receivers are a dime a dozen as far as skill (unless you're talking about AJ, Calvin, Dez, etc.) - it's comes down to putting in the work. Disagree if you want but there are more talented guys sitting at home on the couch than there are on the Panthers roster. They are sitting at home because they have a shitty attitude and horrible work ethic.

I wouldn't argue that, and not just at receiver.

Archived