• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duron Carter had dinner with Rivera and Gettleman lastnight.

PanthersUnited

The game up here is so different for WR's.

Guys can take a running start to the LOS when lined up in the slot (Duron moved around I believe) and rarely do you get press coverage since the field is so freaking huge and teams only get 3 downs.

Also, the ball is bigger. If Ricky and co. have faith in him then so will I

true but you also got to get to know a player before you hire him via interview, dinner, etc, especially in Duron's case. Guy was at total basketcase in college. Bust at Ohio State. Bust at Alabama. The only place he had modest success was at JUCO, and this is what his starting JUCO QB said about him:

cochran-590x195.jpg

So you have to sit down with the guy and make sure he's grown up. Like how Gettleman spent an hour with KB

Personally, I'd love to take a flyer on Duron. He's done great in the CFL and the GM of his CFL team said "Every NFL team should be after Cris Carter's son." Numerous NFL teams have had him by for a visit (and i assume dinner as part of that). His dad has always spoke highly of him

If we were talking about taking him in the first three rounds of the draft or committing decent guaranteed money in free agency on him, I'd be worried about this.  But, that's not the case.  No matter where Carter signs, it's going to be a prove it type deal and he'll be on thin ice with any shenanigans.  Low risk, potentially high reward.

He said Vikings are his #1

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/access-vikings/duron-carter-i-would-say-minnesota-is-probably-my-front-runner

The Vikings climbed to the top of CFL All-Star receiver Duron Carter’s list of preferred NFL teams to sign with after today’s workout at Winter Park.

“It went really well,” said Carter, the 23-year-old son of Vikings Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter. “I met everybody and it looked really good. I like Minnesota, I like the facilities, I like the coaches and everything. It seems like things are looking up. I would say Minnesota is probably my front-runner right now.”

Carter had already worked out for Tampa Bay, Indianapolis and Kansas City. He said he hasn’t ruled them out and plans to continue his tour of NFL teams with visits to Cleveland, Carolina, San Francisco and Washington.

“The Vikings are No. 1, but I might as well go around and see what everybody is talking about,” said Carter, a 6-5, 205-pounder who attended the Vikings’ 2013 rookie minicamp as a tryout invitee. “I can’t sign anyway.”

As for what impressed Carter the most about Winter Park, he said,

“It was kind of incomparable to the other places I’ve been so far. I was running around that facility when I was a kid. Going back and see some of the same people still there, it was kind of like a homecoming.

"Just talking to [receivers] coach [George] Stewart and coach [Norv] Turner [the offensive coordinator], I seemed a lot more comfortable working out with them and talking to them than a lot of other places."

He said Vikings are his #1

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/access-vikings/duron-carter-i-would-say-minnesota-is-probably-my-front-runner

The Vikings climbed to the top of CFL All-Star receiver Duron Carter’s list of preferred NFL teams to sign with after today’s workout at Winter Park.

“It went really well,” said Carter, the 23-year-old son of Vikings Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter. “I met everybody and it looked reallybgood. I like Minnesota, I like the facilities, I like the coaches and everything. It seems like things are looking up. I would say Minnesota is probably my front-runner right now.”

Carter had already worked out for Tampa Bay, Indianapolis and Kansas City. He said he hasn’t ruled them out and plans to continue his tour of NFL teams with visits to Cleveland, Carolina, San Francisco and Washington.

“The Vikings are No. 1, but I might as well go around and see what everybody is talking about,” said Carter, a 6-5, 205-pounder who attended the Vikings’ 2013 rookie minicamp as a tryout invitee. “Ibcan’t sign anyway.”

As for what impressed Carter the most about Winter Park, he said,

“It was kind of incomparable to the other places I’ve been so far. I. was running around that facility when I was a kid. Going back and see some of the same people still there, it was kind of like a homecoming.

"Just talking to [receivers] coach [George] Stewart and coach [Norv] Turner [the offensive coordinator], I seemed a lot more comfortable working out with them and talking to them than a lot of other places."

That was before he met with us, though ;) 

Archived