• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duron Carter had dinner with Rivera and Gettleman lastnight.

PanthersUnited

Says he is still visiting with the Browns today and will make decision for next week. I hope we get him and I wish we never let him leave without a deal. Don't get why a lot of you think a dinner means he is for sure a Panther though because if you read the article that doesn't seem like the case at all. 

it's worth noting he actually had dinner with the HC and GM and more often than not, in the NFL, dinners translate to someone getting signed.

true but you also got to get to know a player before you hire him via interview, dinner, etc, especially in Duron's case. Guy was at total basketcase in college. Bust at Ohio State. Bust at Alabama. The only place he had modest success was at JUCO, and this is what his starting JUCO QB said about him:

cochran-590x195.jpg

So you have to sit down with the guy and make sure he's grown up. Like how Gettleman spent an hour with KB

Personally, I'd love to take a flyer on Duron. He's done great in the CFL and the GM of his CFL team said "Every NFL team should be after Cris Carter's son." Numerous NFL teams have had him by for a visit (and i assume dinner as part of that). His dad has always spoke highly of him

My hope is that we draft OSU's Devin Smith who wears number 9 and since WR's aren't allowed to wear single digit jerseys in the NFL, maybe he'll just had an 8 in front of his 9.

He's too tall. We need to find a someone almost half a foot shorter to wear 89 that has the last name Smith.

Archived