• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duron Carter had dinner with Rivera and Gettleman lastnight.

PanthersUnited

Believe it or not, that's not guaranteed.

Nicks is not the world beater you think he is.

Scot, lol this is getting ridiculous.

I never said Nicks was a world beater lol.

This is actually hilarious... I am simply saying the offensive line, and especially the receiving corps is what ended up catching up with us. It wasn't just a weakness, it was a HUGE weakness. You can't deny that Nicks is a more talented reciever with better measurables than any reciever on our roster, outside of maybe KB, but then of course, he has a huge issue with drops and he's already been annointed our #1 going forward.

Point is, we need to surround our QB with talent, and we haven't. The teams that do are usually successful. That is all I'm saying about Nicks, but you can go down the list of any other reciever with experience and some speed that was available last offseason and I am saying the same thing, difference is, Nicks actually came here for a visit and we turned him away.

Scot, lol this is getting ridiculous.

I never said Nicks was a world beater lol.

This is actually hilarious... I am simply saying the offensive line, and especially the receiving corps is what ended up catching up with us. It wasn't just a weakness, it was a HUGE weakness. You can't deny that Nicks is a more talented reciever with better measurables than any reciever on our roster, outside of maybe KB, but then of course, he has a huge issue with drops and he's already been annointed our #1 going forward.

Point is, we need to surround our QB with talent, and we haven't. The teams that do are usually successful. That is all I'm saying about Nicks, but you can go down the list of any other reciever with experience and some speed that was available last offseason and I am saying the same thing, difference is, Nicks actually came here for a visit and we turned him away.

I agree about surrounding the QB with talent.

Difference is I don't believe Nicks is as good a solution for that as you do.

Ironic, because you don't sound like a grown up whatsoever. All you do is blame Gettleman for every little aspect of goes awry despite the coaching decisions and salary cap restrictions. Thus far, his biggest mistake as our GM was franchise tagging Hardy which is still viewed as reasonable.

Dave has this franchise trending upward and you're still whining about Hakeem (who had a very average season)? For the love of god...

As I stated previously, it isn't about Hakeem, he just illustrates the point I'm making... And passing up players that can help us at positions we lack talent in definitely does make me angry.

I'm serious about my avi though... Ever since I've had it, if I say anything questioning him or a decision he made, people come out of the woodwork to lambast me for hating Gettleman. The avi was made immediately following the Smitty release. I honestly forget I have it until a Gettleman discussion comes up and people accuse me of hating him and blaming him for everything but Pearl Harbor.

It's ridiculous. I can't debate or argue about his decisions because of that alone... I will never be happy about the Smitty deal, but I don't hate Gettleman either. But, I'm also not going to sit around and agree with everything he does. Like I've stated repeatedly, when a fan base knows a position sucks going into an offseason and you do nothing to address it and actually get worse from where you started, that doesn't sit well with me and I'm going to talk about it. Now, he brought in players later that helped us salvage the season, which was awesome, but he also oversaw what caused us to fall into such a hole in the first place.

I am going to be salty about throwing our qb out there to the wolves with no protection and no weapons to throw to until it is fixed. It isn't about one player... Again, Nicks just illustrates the point. Even with the cap issues, the position could have been upgraded. Now, the line will be 100x better with just a quality addition at LT, but WR still has to be addressed significantly. That has long been my complaint with our franchise, even before Gettleman, is that we are too loyal to players and put way too much stock in familiarity and incumbency... Thats how guys like Godfrey end up starting and almost single-handedly blowing games for three years, whereas they would strictly be a ST player somewhere else at best. My contention is far too often, we have awarded jobs to guys who haven't necessarily earned them based off things thst have little to do with what they do on the field, and once they decide thst guy is the starter, they do little to nothing in providing competition. Godfrey, Byron Bell, Avant, Nate Chandler, etc., were all examples of that.

Winning franchises add to their talent base consistently and let the best men win their job... So, if Nicks, Carter, or whoever else is out there adds to our talent base and could push for a starter position, then they need to be signed (as long as it is financially feasible).

Archived