• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duron Carter had dinner with Rivera and Gettleman lastnight.

PanthersUnited

Not true, there's idiots up here that actually watch the CFL over the NFL. They'll argue that the CFL game is better since there's only 3 downs and teams have to pass more. I've heard it all, it's pretty funny and sad of course

you would know.  I have had several Canadian students who tell me that they don't bother watching CFL.  They said there are more NFL fans than CFL fans there--obviously just the perspective of a few people.

I have seen a few CFL games and the stands are full--somebody iis watching.

I have also seen the salary comparison between NFL and CFL--I bet Arena league pays more than CFL

To me that's a bit of a simplistic way to look at it, but fine. That being said, I don't think any GM in the league is really worried about what he did last season with the Colts, but are more concerned what they think he can bring to the table in the coming season, especially relative to the contract that they would have to sign him to to enlist his services.

You think they won't look at how he did last year in attempting to judge how he might do next year?

And you ignore the exact quote that disproved your point and pick that one out of context while inferring I meant something other than what I stated.

I said knowing what we have heard about him, it can be assumed that he went there with the same habits and Pagano doesn't strike me as a guy that let's guys slide by on talent alone. As in, if you don't put in the work and show it in practice, then you aren't going to be given a job on your talent alone. Hence, that part you emphasized there....

Then I compared that to our wide reciever corps, where guys were given jobs because they worked hard but their talent didn't merit it...

Which is all just a long way of saying the coaches and GMs aren't seeing the same talent you think he has.

Which is all just a long way of saying the coaches and GMs aren't seeing the same talent you think he has.

Which is why a team that just finished their season losing in the AFC championship game signed him to a 1 year deal for 3.5 million, while we had Cotchery quitting on routes, dropping balls, Avant getting cut, and sunshine from Wofford dropping punts in the playoffs.

Haha, those dumbasses in the Colts front office, giving their franchise QB tons of weapons to throw to! Look at how they overpaid him! Losers!

We showed them!

Which is why a team that just finished their season losing in the AFC championship game signed him to a 1 year deal for 3.5 million, while we had Cotchery quitting on routes, dropping balls, Avant getting cut, and sunshine from Wofford dropping punts in the playoffs.

Haha, those dumbasses in the Colts front office, giving their franchise QB tons of weapons to throw to! Look at how they overpaid him! Losers!

We showed them!

Fine example they set there, right?

I'm sure when our team starts paying 3-4 million a year for our sixth receiving option, we'll be much better off.

You think they won't look at how he did last year in attempting to judge how he might do next year?

Sure they'll take it into account, including his production relative to his playing time. I do think they will ascribe a relative amount of importance and value to his situation (i.e., playing behind Hilton, Wayne, Moncrief and Fleener), and I am pretty sure that one or more GMs (including perhaps our own) won't judge him as negatively and/or harshly as many here would based on Nicks' overall circumstances.

Fine example they set there, right?

I'm sure when our team starts paying 3-4 million a year for our sixth receiving option, we'll be much better off.

Lol... Tell me we wouldn't have went further in our season if we had a similar receiving corps to Indy's.

Edited for clarity.

He played behind those other 3 receivers because they were better. Not because of a coincidence.

Meh.  Sometimes guys get lost in a numbers game, particularly if they are fighting their way back from health issues.  Nicks made plays down the stretch with limited snaps, plus he has put up some impressive games and numbers in the past, so it's not like we're necessarily discussing trash here. The question is how productive he will be, and at what price, in the future.

Say what you want, but no one really knows why G-man and Nicks came to their mutual decision, but there was some interest for whatever reasons.  From a pure production standpoint, Nicks didn't help his case, but looking where the needle started to move towards the end of the season, G-man might just still have some interest.  G-man loves a value.

I really don't care either way. Just like with Duron Carter, I don't think our success is going to hinge upon whether Nicks is a Panther.  It's just something to think about and discuss.  It's always nice to get a good value, or even a great one.

Archived