• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The last senior Bowl player the Panthers drafted was....

Jeremy Igo

Did Ron say Senior Bowl or Pro Bowl? He was asked at Tuesday presser about having to coach the Pro Bowl since the Dallas coaches hadn't re-signed yet, and they were supposed to coach Pro Bowl. Same thing with Denver coaches, that's why Baltimore coaches will coach Pro Bowl.

If it was Senior Bowl, then MAYBE Gettleman is putting his foot down and saying, "Ron, I've got more experience evaluating and you've got more experience coaching. Let's stick to what we know, ok?"

I remember KK and Barner back in the Senior Bowl. KK was a standout in practices all week. I remember he got a nice sack against the Lions G that was drafted and played great that year too, Larry Warford.

Barner had a few catches and a TD too so it doesn't always pan out.

Can't believe NONE of the staff is going to the Senior Bowl. Must have meant pro bowl. Why pass on one of the best opportunities to get a look at prospects getting pro coaching.

Bene and Boston played in the east west shrine game or whatever they call it. Klien played in it the previous year I believe too.

Do they even play 100% in the senior bowl - I'd imagine it's like the pro bowl where why risk injury in a meaningless game

The Senior Bowl is where you try to get the attention of teams that could draft you.

You give less than your best there and you shoot yourself in the foot.

Archived