• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers promote D line coach to head coach....

blackcat

Just got to finish watching the whole press conference introducing Tomsula as the new coach on youtube. Like one of the comments said, i feel like they made the groundskeeper the head coach. The guy is comedic gold. I was laughing outloud at him several times. His press conferences and interviews are going to be fun to watch, as well as him coaching NFL games

however, once the press conferences shifted from the questions directed at Tomsula to the questions directed at the GM and the young owners' son/CEO, they both inspired a lot of confidence, a lot more than our GM and owner do to me.

Inspiring confidence in a press conference is a lot different from actually being a good GM or CEO, but the thing is that the GM and young CEO are 1) both very confident in themselves, and 2) very hands-on in directing the franchise (as opposed to our GM and owner who are more hands-off)

because the 49ers GM and young CEO are both so confident and hands-on, it looks like the reason they got rid of Harbaugh and his staff is because he didn't work well with them running the franchise. During the presser the 49ers GM and owner made it clear that they want to be an intregral part of the direction of the franchise and both made it clear they are both fully responsible for how the 49ers do, good or bad

And based on their comments, it appears that Tomsula was the guy they interviewed (and they said they interviewed Tomsula twice) that they most felt would allow them to be very hands-on as GM and CEO. Like a lot of 49er fans are saying, they wanted a "Yes Man."

To be fair, the GM and CEO did seem very, very open to listening to other opinions and letting others make decisions and share in the decision-making, so they aren't looking for a complete puppet, just someone they feel will let them be as fully involved in running the team as they both want to be

They were very confident there are plenty of great coaches out there that want to come to the 49ers to fill out the rest of the coaching staff and they are going to need them if the 49ers are going to be good. So it'll be interesting to see who they bring in...

Jed York was literally made president and CEO of the team by his daddy. His daddy. Daddy.

He's 34 years old and was given a football team with zero experience, and zero knowledge of the game outside of Eddie Debartalo being his godfather.

Trent Baalke hasn't done poo without Harbaugh around, as he was only made the GM to basically get Harbaugh to SF from Stanford.

So excuse me if these two having confidence doesn't mean poo to me.

The 49ers parted ways with the winningest (percentage wise) head coach they've ever had, because he didn't pay attention to Joan in accounting or say hello to Vilma at the front desk, and because he didn't share the vision of how to run a team with two guys that have not proven they know anything.

Ask 49er fans and Bay Area sports people and they all agree. It was an absolutely catastrophic mistake to get rid of Harbaugh and pickup a yes man. And that's just the football side.

Operationally they left San Francisco for Santa Clara to build what should have been a technological marvel of a stadium, instead it's just a giant sunburn for the fans, has awful turf, and does nothing whatsoever to capture the imagination of Silicon Valley, the most technologically innovative region IN THE WORLD.

These guys have absolutely dropped the ball in every way imaginable. If I'm wrong I'll come back and bump this thread, but by year end they'll be looking for a new HC and a new QB, and in a couple years a new GM, and will be deeply regretting Levi's Stadium.

The Niners are in the middle of exactly what the Warriors were pre-2012.

I fugging love every moment of it.

You guys in the Carolina's seriously should find Damon Bruce's bits, hilarious. Not a Damon Bruce guy, but funny, is well, funny.

I can't wait to hoist the Lombardi in their place next year...

Oh, and don't forget to check your boxes when interviewing someone :lolu:

I was wondering how many times they were going to refer to checked boxes. That must be the niners fanbase new equivalent to it is what it is or the answer is sometimes on the roster lol

If y'all lived in the Bay Area you would have gotten to enjoy 3 hours of sports talk radio absolutely ROASTING the niners after their trainwreck of a presser today. I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you can listen to Damon Bruce clips from 95.7 the game I highly recommend you do so for this afternoon. Maybe iheartradio or something will have it? Don't know how that works.

Our board did as well.

We still got the links. That Press conference was brutal. There's a report out right now that says Mike Shannahan is in the running for OC. Fans hopes are up.

and chud, i don't want chud, i seen what chud does, chud is potato. 

It was veiled, but implied that one of the reasons they parted ways with Harbaugh was because he didn't say hello to Joan in Accounting or Vilma at the front desk, and because he didn't pickup trash in the locker room. They felt those were key things a head coach should be doing to support the team. To have some humility because the difference between confidence and arrogance is ignorance. Tomsula actually said Joan in Accounting is his financial advisor as well. I swear I'm not making this stuff up. What a trainwreck. I will love the taste of 49er tears for years to come.

Great plan if your looking for a best friend. Not so much if you are looking for a SB coach.

Archived