• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers promote D line coach to head coach....

blackcat

Well I saw some blips from that presser...that wasn't awkward as hell or anything haha.  

He thanked his accountant and York had to ask him during the press conference how long he had been coaching for.  

Wants some fun reading:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/181033-01-15-presser/page27/

lol

man i can't wait for the next season. panthers are poised to dominate the NFCS and win their 3rd straight division title and the 9ers are going to be a hilarious epic trainwreck

I was busting on my friend here that's a 49ers fan about how they hired a DLine coach as their HC

he's all like, whatever man! that dude is awesome! he's gonna be a great head coach!

so I say, sure, if you say so. I never even heard of the dude before this. hell... what's his name again?

my buddy then had to admit he didn't even know the guys name hahahahaha

If y'all lived in the Bay Area you would have gotten to enjoy 3 hours of sports talk radio absolutely ROASTING the niners after their trainwreck of a presser today. I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you can listen to Damon Bruce clips from 95.7 the game I highly recommend you do so for this afternoon. Maybe iheartradio or something will have it? Don't know how that works.

Well I saw some blips from that presser...that wasn't awkward as hell or anything haha.

He thanked his accountant and York had to ask him during the press conference how long he had been coaching for.

Wants some fun reading:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/181033-01-15-presser/page27/

ha ha that was a great read. Some of my favorites:

Dude, this is the worse press conference I've ever watched, and I've watched a lot. I'm no hater and was more than willing to back this hire and give him/JY/TB the benefit of the doubt, but this s**t is embarrassing.

This is f**king painful... this guy is not ready. Seriously... who'se f**king hire is this??!!

Man, this sh*t is embarrassing !! So, this is our new head coach ?! Are you serious ?! The guy can't even speak !!

Holy s**t we are f**ked

we hired f@ucking tommy boy

Man. This feeling sucks. The feeling that your favorite team is going down the drain and there is nothing you can do about it. I hate York and Balkee so much.

train wreck and we're the passengers

For jed to comare Bill Walsh as a teacher to this mumbling idiot is an insult to the fans.

So am I really supposed to believe this guy topped Gase, Shanahan, McDaniels, and so on in the interview, assuming he even had one?

Can you imagine this guy interviewing for the other 31 head coaching jobs and being taken seriously by any of the other teams? What a colossal joke of a hire.

At least we know York/Baalke are not afraid to take a risk. They got balls. But this is a hell of a gamble, a bit like rolling the dice and betting it all on lucky number 12

They could have kept (49ers DC) Fangio and the rest of the defensive staff along with an offensive head coach like Shanahan or Gase and they traded it all in for this???

I honestly feel like I am in some sort of alternate reality, because this to me looks like we got rid of a head coach that brought us to 3 NFCCG's AND a Superbowl,,, not to mention we completely dismantled a TOP FREAKING FIVE DEFENSIVE STAFF to hire THIS GUY? Please somebody wake me up and tell me this isn't so!!

we have the top coaches in the league in the conference that we play in and we are saddling up with this guy...what a joke

I really can't take this seriously anymore. Surely this guy is not our new head coach, please tell me I am in a dream, tell me something... This is what York and Baalke has done to this once great franchise. Fxxk you York !! This is a pile of horse sh*t !!

B7bZVb1CcAA54jF.jpg

here is a clip from an interview he did with a talking head as the new head coach. My reaction was from finding it funny, to finding it shocking, to finding it sad...

Chuck Carroll @ TheChuckCarroll

4.5 minute train wreck & you can't look away. Super cringe

worthy interview on Tomsula 's 1st day as 49ers coach.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/tomsula-addresses-process-finding-coordinators

It was veiled, but implied that one of the reasons they parted ways with Harbaugh was because he didn't say hello to Joan in Accounting or Vilma at the front desk, and because he didn't pickup trash in the locker room. They felt those were key things a head coach should be doing to support the team. To have some humility because the difference between confidence and arrogance is ignorance. Tomsula actually said Joan in Accounting is his financial advisor as well. I swear I'm not making this stuff up. What a trainwreck. I will love the taste of 49er tears for years to come.

Just got to finish watching the whole press conference introducing Tomsula as the new coach on youtube. Like one of the comments said, i feel like they made the groundskeeper the head coach. The guy is comedic gold. I was laughing outloud at him several times. His press conferences and interviews are going to be fun to watch, as well as him coaching NFL games

however, once the press conferences shifted from the questions directed at Tomsula to the questions directed at the GM and the young owners' son/CEO, they both inspired a lot of confidence, a lot more than our GM and owner do to me.

Inspiring confidence in a press conference is a lot different from actually being a good GM or CEO, but the thing is that the GM and young CEO are 1) both very confident in themselves, and 2) very hands-on in directing the franchise (as opposed to our GM and owner who are more hands-off)

because the 49ers GM and young CEO are both so confident and hands-on, it looks like the reason they got rid of Harbaugh and his staff is because he didn't work well with them running the franchise. During the presser the 49ers GM and owner made it clear that they want to be an intregral part of the direction of the franchise and both made it clear they are both fully responsible for how the 49ers do, good or bad

And based on their comments, it appears that Tomsula was the guy they interviewed (and they said they interviewed Tomsula twice) that they most felt would allow them to be very hands-on as GM and CEO. Like a lot of 49er fans are saying, they wanted a "Yes Man."

To be fair, the GM and CEO did seem very, very open to listening to other opinions and letting others make decisions and share in the decision-making, so they aren't looking for a complete puppet, just someone they feel will let them be as fully involved in running the team as they both want to be

They were very confident there are plenty of great coaches out there that want to come to the 49ers to fill out the rest of the coaching staff and they are going to need them if the 49ers are going to be good. So it'll be interesting to see who they bring in...

here is a clip from an interview he did with a talking head as the new head coach. My reaction was from finding it funny, to finding it shocking, to finding it sad...

Chuck Carroll @ TheChuckCarroll

4.5 minute train wreck & you can't look away. Super cringe

worthy interview on Tomsula 's 1st day as 49ers coach.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/tomsula-addresses-process-finding-coordinators

oh my god

Archived