• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers promote D line coach to head coach....

blackcat

most coordinators do not have head coaching experience. when John Harbaugh was hired to be the HC for the ravens, he was a DB coach. yes he had experience as a special teams coordinator, but he was a DB coach at the time. he worked himself up from being a coach at d2 Catawba to now the 49ers head coach. speaks volumes about his work ethic, and presences.

He also had much much more experience. If you want to compare him to John, he was a coach in college from 1984 to 1998. He went from 1998-2004 as a secondary coach to a HC in 2008. He has almost 25 years of coaching and leading before becoming a HC.

I don't mean to discredit him as his work ethic obviously is strong and is liked by people, but he has only been coaching for a total of 13 years (not including catawba and Charleston where he was a strength and conditioning coach and a dline coach once again) it just doesn't spell success for the 49ers unless he surrounds himself with strong coordinators etc (and why would they go to san Fran when they show no patience for a HC and staff)

I mean seriously, you got promoted and your first official act was to fire everybody but one guy that you used to work with?

You get the feeling there's more dysfunction in San Fran than on a whole season of Jerry Springer.

(i can imagine how turbulent it must have been with Hair Trigger Harbaugh in charge)

I mean seriously, you got promoted and your first official act was to fire everybody but one guy that you used to work with?

You get the feeling there's more dysfunction in San Fran than on a whole season of Jerry Springer.

(i can imagine how turbulent it must have been with Hair Trigger Harbaugh in charge)

Baalke and Yorke: We're not blowing the place up.  We're retooling.  

Result: Fire entire staff but 2 coaches, promote the DL guy to HC.  

One. I hate you guys. tossing me away like that.

2. The fans are in an uproar over this hiring. We knew jed is trying to sleaze over the publics perception with his entitled ass thinking he knows football more than baugh. They hire Tomsula to continue consistency within the organization but get rid of the whole staff? Vic, Leavitt , Ed. 

If you had anything to do with Harbaugh, you were let go. They want to wash everything away that had something to do with jim. The Players suffer the most and we're gonna lose quite a lot of key guys

Hell no to even suggesting your OC Shula, You guys deserve him.

'Tis a laughing stock though.

Archived