• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Press Conferences Streaming Live at 11....

Jeremy Igo

So what I gathered....and keep in mind this is my speculation:

1) Deangelo Williams is getting cut (no surprise there)

2) They'll consider re-signing Greg Hardy if he's found innocent

3) They're going to draft a speedy WR, maybe in the first

4) Byron Bell probably won't be back (thank God)

5) They know the special teams sucked but they think it was personnel related, not coaching.

6) Unlikely to be any staff changes unless McDermott is hired as a HC somewhere.

Nothing too surprising.

my take away points:

1- We will be more active in free agency this year. Last year we were cap screwed. They knew it, and they knew we would take a step back. Kinda had the season from hell, but we finished strong. 

2- Biggest areas of need are what we all know to be: offensive line, wide receiver, and secondary

3- Gettleman is a believer in not letting emotions play a factor in your decisions. Can't say Rivera is the same. Rivera listens to Gettleman's input on coaches, but it is HIS decision. Don't expect Shula to be let go, and probably not Rodgers either. 

4-We take BPA, and Gettleman values the DE/DT position above almost every other. If there is a stud sitting there in the first two rounds- we're taking him.

5- Cam is our QB, he will be re-signed here, just a question of when. 

6- We're going to get more Speed this offseason. It was probably after the Packers game that Rivera and Gettleman realized that Godfrey/Decoud et al were way too slow to play effectively

7-Competition will reign this offseason. No one is safe. No way Bell is our starting left tackle. 

8-Greg Hardy is still a question mark, but my gut is he will not be a Panthers player ever again. 

He basically said if you look at the 3-8-1 he should be fired, but if you look at the end it looks pretty good.

Well the problem with that is the end of the season didn't look as great as he might think...

Embarrassing loss in Minnesota.

Buccs? CRAP

Browns? CRAP

I am a little surprised that we won so convincingly in ATL and in NO, but at the end of the day both teams are CRAP.

Cardinals and Lindley? CRAP

Seattle... didn't go as well as we all hoped.

This makes my ears hurt.

The Bucs are the only crap team. The rest are below average-average.

Jeremy and Bill Voth have said for two months that Hardy isn't coming back. He has played his last game as a Panther. Why can't people just accept that? The team has moved on

When did the team say that they'd moved on? Every time I hear anything out of Ron, he's waiting to hear when they can bring him back in.

We are still cap challenged... We are still cap challenged... We are still cap challenged...

Oh Yeh... Byron.Bell has left tackle feet.

Doesn't sound like you watched the presser.

I had to look up the definition of mashugana lol.

Not fluent in Yiiddish? :lol:

(watch reruns of "The Nanny"; you'll learn quick)

Just my 2.

I love Gettleman's personality and I'm not a huge fan of Ron's. That has nothing to do with winning football games but Gettleman has been making sugar from sh!t with a good number of his decisions.

I like the fact Gettleman leaves firing decisions up to Ron. I'm skeptical of this staff for our long time future, but it's good that Gettleman leaves that up to Rivera. Having a GM who butts in too much would only bite us in the ass, as no potential coaching candidates would deem it an attractive situation. We all know how much it sucks to be micromanaged.

With that said I would love for Ron to nut up and get a replacement for Rodgers and Shula, but he's either too dense, loyal, or a bad combination of both. Long term I really don't know about Ron but he players seem to give their all for him so I can't be mad at that.

Love the honesty and it gives me a good feeling hearing our GM. In a perfect world some coaching decisions should be made but with Ron having that responsibility I don't trust him to do that. Needs to happen eventually, though, and his future here will be directly influenced by his coaching decisions (or lack thereof.

Btw I think he means we can shop at Target or at worst Big Lots now.

Go Panthers!

Archived