• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agent Talk - Chase Blackburn

Jeremy Igo

I like Blackburn and the team members do to it seems, he is big in the weight room which is always a plus someone pushing the young guys.

But on the field he is not that nimble as our other LBs, and Glanton has showed up well, AJ is a good tackler too. Hate it but seems like you have to cut him, Ben Jacobs is another LB on special teams.

Luke and TD are just so above and beyond any other LB we have.. 

We know what we're getting with Blackburn, and I'm convinced we can get comparable production out of Klein.

That being said, one of my biggest concerns on the defensive side of the ball is the eventual retirement on Thomas Davis. He's got 2, maybe 3 years left, but after that we are going to have a major hole in the heart of our defense.

With that in mind, I think Chase's roster spot could be better served taking some flyers on mid to late round rookies over the next couple drafts. We are either going to have to find a diamond in the rough now (like Benwikere was this year) or use a high draft pick later in order to replace TD's production.

a lot of the arguments against Blackburn are about the money.  

Consider, the 10+ year vet minimum is 990,000.  For a vet exemption at 10+ years, it counts $550,000.  You can get up to 60,000 in bonus (all of which counts, so no bonus is cheaper than 60,000), but it counts just over half what he's making.  

So he really doesn't count $1 million, just FYI. 

Archived