• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ohio State Offensive Line

Jeremy Igo

It does work. TCU didn't even win their conference. Hopefully the bigxii gets the waiver for a championship.

I still say you can't drop a team 3 spots after a WIN. Basically the committee should have said at the start. Ok Big 12. Since you don't have a conference championship someone will have to go undefeated to get into the playoffs.

In addition to that. They need to equalize the school in session practice thing. When I heard Oregon had classes and due to NCAA rules they could only practice 20 hrs a week and Ohio state had NO classes and weren't bound by that limit they had the upper hand. And I will add one more thing they need to figure out. The conference champ games are odd in that there is a bit of collusion for the league's to have a team go to the playoffs. Imagine if each team in the final four had lost their conference champ game. What a fiasco. So what benefit does a conference have by having the fav lose? None. I say get rid of them or make some more adjustments.

I still say you can't drop a team 3 spots after a WIN. Basically the committee should have said at the start. Ok Big 12. Since you don't have a conference championship someone will have to go undefeated to get into the playoffs.

In addition to that. They need to equalize the school in session practice thing. When I heard Oregon had classes and due to NCAA rules they could only practice 20 hrs a week and Ohio state had NO classes and weren't bound by that limit they had the upper hand. And I will add one more thing they need to figure out. The conference champ games are odd in that there is a bit of collusion for the league's to have a team go to the playoffs. Imagine if each team in the final four had lost their conference champ game. What a fiasco. So what benefit does a conference have by having the fav lose? None. I say get rid of them or make some more adjustments.

They didn't drop a team 3 spots - they had said all 3 were basically tied that week but rankings are new each week. Each week the rankings are new based on games-to-date AND injuries. Thus, after Barret went down as now they had no known qb... OSU ranking thus reflected it. Turned out Cardale could play, OSU rises. Baylor also added another top ten victory to its count. The committee didn't care about what the ranking was the previous week.

The Big12 opted not to apply for a waiver and crown two Champs , this was a mistake.

The packers starting center is a rookie from Ohio State as well. While I never have been the biggest fan of Ohio state I must say they have a lot of solid NFL players and have some solid NFL prospects that will be in this years draft. I would love for us to draft Devin Smith in the 3rd round if his stock doesn't continue to rise. I also wouldn't mind drafting QB C. Jones in the latter rounds to be our backup QB.

Archived