• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A story about JR from a former player.

Jeremy Igo

Everyone seems to agree he is a great person and full of class. He as appeared as a buffoon at times as well which contradicts his history as a very successful businessman.

I've never felt the need to be grateful for the Panthers. It's not as if this were an act of charity. JR made a shrewd business move and landed a team effectively turning him from a millionaire to a billionaire. I make a similar decision when I spend a few grand a year on his entertainment product.

He is not cheap though he has been at times. His allegiance with and leadership of the NFL is neither good nor bad.

JR is a great person deserving of the respect he gets from the players. Sometimes I just wish he cared a little less about stupid pie charts and more about winning. There is a palpable lack of urgency from the organization at times, though these times are mostly past. The fans have just been frustrated from so many seasons of mediocrity. When we've been bad for so many years and all we get is a pie chart, expect to get criticism. We're still underperforming, but I believe all our waiting is about to start paying off. I think the team gets JR a trophy in the next couple years, and we won't have to hear about pie charts anymore after the bandwagon money starts rolling in.

I am glad I moved out of Charlotte. The taxes in this town and county are getting out of control. 

For two decades local government has turned to targeted sales taxes to help fund special projects – a convention center, football stadium renovations, a new uptown arena, new art museums, a baseball stadium and a light-rail line.

To foot the bill, the city and the county have raised the sales tax on hotel and motel rooms three times, rental cars two times, restaurant and bar tabs once, and the overall sales tax once.

Those special taxes generated more than $150 million last year. That’s 25 percent of the city of Charlotte’s entire general fund budget.

JR is a small part of why I became a fan here.  As a kid, I grew up as a fan of the saints (Being from louisiana and all), and if you want to truly see a human worth less than the shits he takes, look at Tom Benson.  After Katrina, and the devestation that happened to New Orleans, the guy was threatening to move the team from Louisiana, and had threatened to do so multiple times during my time on this earth.  It was then I realized if I'm a fan of a team because of where they're located, and this fat asshole carsalesman owner is willing to take that team away, then I can choose to pull for whatever team I want, and the Panthers gave Jake (greatest cajun QB ever) a chance.  I've gotten mad with him from time to time, but I've never thought that JR was a bad guy.  You read what people like Jake, TD, hell even Smitty have said about him, everyone loved him and loved playing for him.

1360625223_the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Where there is smoke there is fire and when multiple reports came out and said Jerry Richardson was using that as leverage I am going to tend to believe.

great example of the lemmings, that are the general masses of america, that'll believe any piece of trash written by journalists, who job is to go after the negative, whether true or not, cause that's what makes headlines.

People a frickin' stupid.

i know it's the internet and all but it's genuinely pathetic to see people implying that they can't wait for richardson to die so the panthers will be better on this site

its getting so infuriating that i wish Zod would make it a bannable offense to trash-talk Big Cat. there has been evidence after evidence to melt their stone-cold hearts, but they continue being despicable. i just have no words for it anymore. everytime i hear pie chart, nfl shield, and PSLs i freakin cringe. if you have a problem with Jerry Richardson, write him a polite letter asking for an explanation. if stories like this (and the Olsen family and that kid in Oklahoma) are any indication, he will do his best to write back BY HAND. hell he might hold a press conference and explain it to all of you haters.

if it werent for this man, there wouldnt be a Carolina Panthers football team. the man deserves gratitude like a parent. if it werent for my parents, i literally wouldnt be alive and neither would you without yours. for that, i am eternally grateful to them. same deal with Big Cat, without him as our common Panther Patriarch, none of us would exist as Panthers fans. chances are that all you fuggin haters would be cheering for Dallas, Washington, or Pittsburgh... or worse: Atlanta. how's that sit with you?! without Big Cat, there would be no Carolina Panthers, and thus no Carolina Huddle. no home team for Carolinians. 

alright im done. sorry but this is one thing that fires me up and usually i say nothing so as not to offend anyone. i just feel like the more time goes on, JR keeps vindicating himself and proving that he deserves a Super Bowl more than any Panthers fan that has ever existed.

get Big Cat a ring!

Always thought he was Special kind of owner.  Observer has tried to Destroy him every chance they can create.  Football is 75% Physical but 25% is between your ears and that part controls the other 75%.  Observer destroyed strike team by painting JR cheap.

Without JR we would still be without a NFL team you figure it out!!!

delhommey, I will refund every tax dollar Jerry has ever stolen from you.  Just let me know where to send the check. 

What is your address in Austin again?

If we look at last year would be about $66.30 combining the estimates on the 3% hotel tax and the 1% food and bev tax in my trips to Charlotte last year.

I'd have to drag out the expense reports to get the exact number, but as I was reimbursed for the grand majority of that money and the only fair thing would be you writing that check to my employer directly, and as it would be tricky to figure exactly how much of those taxes went straight to the stadium, it would be a pointless enterprise.

Archived