• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A story about JR from a former player.

Jeremy Igo

Well you couldnt be more wrong on the shield at midfield point. The only reason the Giants have it is because they share a stadium with the jets. It would be pretty inconvenient to have to paint and get rid of a Giants and jets logo each week. They are the only other stadium in the NFL to do that, but agsin just you trying to manipulate facts to fit your agenda. There is no point in arguing with you because your mind it set. You refuse to believe reputable sources and stories on the issue at hand. In your mind JR would be do anythjng wrong so instead of using basic common sense you attack the credibility of the people and the reports.

You question my credibility because I said if they won I wouldn't think he was a good owner, which is funny to me. You are the same person who pretends to know what they are talking about and goes on about how awful of a coach rex is but he did get ton2 AFc championship games. You have said multiple times in these type of owner threads that Jerry jones is a bad owner but he has one super bowls. But what I've learned from my conversation with you is thrtr is no rhyme or reason to your points. you will pick and choose what you believe is credible to fit your point of the argument. You have pretty much said the New York times, deadapin, and jay feely are not credible sources. You will forever be grateful that JR brought a team to the Carolina's and will continue to be biased. I don't live nor was born in the Carolina's so I am able to see the truth. On his very best day he is a great guy who is a bottom 5 owner in the league.

Guessing you missed this part...

Oh, and don't bother with the "shared stadium" bit.  They repaint the end zones weekly.  They could repaint midfield if they chose.

When your counter argument can be predicted (and refuted) before you've even made it, and yet you still make it, that's a pretty good sign that you've thoroughly lost the debate.

"Refusing to believe credible sources" is a hoot too given that you haven't got any, just spin on articles that don't say what you claim they do.  And given that it's been conclusively proven that Richardson never threatened to move the team as you said he did, it's hilarious that you're still talking about credibility.  Then you go saying I think Richardson can do no wrong while quoting a post where I said exactly the opposite.  Seriously?  Are you even paying attention?

Funny too that you argue Rex Ryan being a great coach based on two long ago AFC Championships (after which the team faded into mediocrity) yet our own team being in the playoffs twice now apparently is meaningless.  And Jerry Jones as an example?  Really?  The Cowboys were perennial contenders only when there wasn't a salary cap.  On a level playing field, they're occasional contenders at best.

As to my being grateful Richardson bought a team to the Carolinas, I'm not from the Carolinas.  I only moved here about eight years ago.

I mean...wow.

Basically, in this thread, you've conducted a seminar in fail.

Face it, dude.  You lost.  All you're doing now is making yourself look worse.

Mr. Scot, as always, I appreciate your thought out responses with actual sources that validate your points. If this were a debate contest, based on the amount of pie you received, you are the overwhelming winner. 

NJPanthers12, I appreciate your passion on the topic. You could gain some credence if your sources supported your points and debunked your opponent's views. Also, slow down as you respond - in your rush to get in the last word, your misspellings and ramblings are a distraction and bring your credibility lower. I know this is an internet board and grammar, spelling, and punctuation do not really apply, but seeing your writings next to Mr. Scot's just look elementary by comparison.

I think Mr Scot just "dropped the mic"!

Gosh, I hate it when folks drop perfectly good mics!  You can damage the condensors and connections in there!

I'd prefer it if folks would either gently place the mic on the ground, or wait and hand it to the audio tech who's responsible for the mic.  Even the cheapies are $100 for a decent Shure....  I'm not made of money here!

(Sorry for being completely off topic and silly....I might be getting sick!)

Mr. Scot, as always, I appreciate your thought out responses with actual sources that validate your points. If this were a debate contest, based on the amount of pie you received, you are the overwhelming winner. 

NJPanthers12, I appreciate your passion on the topic. You could gain some credence if your sources supported your points and debunked your opponent's views. Also, slow down as you respond - in your rush to get in the last word, your misspellings and ramblings are a distraction and bring your credibility lower. I know this is an internet board and grammar, spelling, and punctuation do not really apply, but seeing your writings next to Mr. Scot's just look elementary by comparison.

Thanks, Mr. Moderator.

Will the next set of rebuttals be 30 seconds or 60 seconds? :D

Gosh, I hate it when folks drop perfectly good mics!  You can damage the condensors and connections in there!

I'd prefer it if folks would either gently place the mic on the ground, or wait and hand it to the audio tech who's responsible for the mic.  Even the cheapies are $100 for a decent Shure....  I'm not made of money here!

Not to worry.  I dropped it on my foot :unsure:

Thanks, Mr. Moderator.

Will the next set of rebuttals be 30 seconds or 60 seconds? :D

(full disclosure: my school didn't actually have a debate team)

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if my school did either. My Mass Communication degree does however, rear its ugly head every now and then. This debate triggered the grammar brainwashing I endured for my college years.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if my school did either. My Mass Communication degree does however, rear its ugly head every now and then. This debate triggered the grammar brainwashing I endured for my college years.

Understandable :lol:

I've never been all that good at communicating with Mass.  Had some fairly spirited conversations with Volume though.

(shout outs to the three people who will get that joke and find it funny) :unsure: 

JR cares about winning. He isn't cheap either except in some cases 2010, and paying coaches. He has a great moral compass.

Wonderful...but

What about the Panthers and their success?

I have a hard time believing anyone wishes death on JR or hates him personally when the issue people have is because they don't care about anything of the above...personal attributes of JR.

I don't give a poo about JRs personal life, so how can I hate him?

JR is a failure of an owner in looking at the success of the Panthers measured by wins and championships. He does not have the ability to win, it's proven over a 20 year span. Few other owners do worse record wise in a 20 year span. That is why people don't like him, because they don't take him personally, they aren't related to him. They observe objectivley he does not know how to win, cheap or not, cares or not, he doesn't know how.

As a side note, tax payer, demand and PSL owners AKA thousands of people had much more influence in bringing a team here than one man.

The poeple who love JR love him for his moral compass and this illusion he brought the team here. I have yet to see one objective fan who doesn't take JR personal, say they love the way he runs the team.

Archived