• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A story about JR from a former player.

Jeremy Igo

Because, reasons.

(Awaits link to painfully flawed study showing sports stadiums bring in positive revenue sponsored by groups with major conflicts of interests)

as a successful business man, his impact has been huge. You want to only ralk about the Panther franchise, which costs the tax payers less than most other franchises. But yes, he's just a greedy old man.

Thus doesn't include his countless charities.

But you want links.

I say go fug yourself. Your hate should allow you to do that.

There is a lot of hate in here towards JR.... But not on the team. The man has their full respect always.

Come on, Zod.  You should know random people on the internet are much more reliable sources than people who have actually met the guy.

What are you thinking? :unsure:

JR seems like a great guy and it's all thanks to him we have a team.

That said he has had shortcomings as an owner. I don't loathe him just like I don't loathe John Fox, Delhomme or any other past or current member of the organization.

JR has tried a lot of different things. As an expansion team there was the excellent expansion draft, there was the high profile coach in Seifert, there were the expensive FA signings with Reggie White, Swann, etc. He even got rid of his own sons in the organization putting an end to any potential nepotism.

Nothing has really worked and we've been a perpetual mediocre team. He's also a bit too shrewd. They threw away the last year with Fox - maybe this was by designed to get a top QB and start a trend toward cap recovery.

I like JR and I hope he can see a Panthers championship before his time but I can't see Rivera and Schula hoisting the Lombardi. I can't see Cam hoisting it as he currently is - he's young so maybe he can improve.

Still, the organization isn't competitive enough. Look at Denver. 12-4 and they cut their coach. That's what teams do when they're goal is singular. Do you think Richardson would allow Rivera to be fired? No way. The money from the back-to-back playoffs is too important to him. He'll happily go into next year knowing the Panthers can't win it all for the hope of a third straight NFCS title and a growing fanbase.

Come on, Zod.  You should know random people on the internet are much more reliable sources than people who have actually met the guy.

What are you thinking? :unsure:

Certainly there are players still on the roster, DWill, Stewart, Johnson etc as well as all the dead money who think JR and Hurney were/are grand?

JR seems like a great guy and it's all thanks to him we have a team.

That said he has had shortcomings as an owner. I don't loathe him just like I don't loathe John Fox, Delhomme or any other past or current member of the organization.

JR has tried a lot of different things. As an expansion team there was the excellent expansion draft, there was the high profile coach in Seifert, there were the expensive FA signings with Reggie White, Swann, etc. He even got rid of his own sons in the organization putting an end to any potential nepotism.

Nothing has really worked and we've been a perpetual mediocre team. He's also a bit too shrewd. They threw away the last year with Fox - maybe this was by designed to get a top QB and start a trend toward cap recovery.

I like JR and I hope he can see a Panthers championship before his time but I can't see Rivera and Schula hoisting the Lombardi. I can't see Cam hoisting it as he currently is - he's young so maybe he can improve.

Still, the organization isn't competitive enough. Look at Denver. 12-4 and they cut their coach. That's what teams do when they're goal is singular. Do you think Richardson would allow Rivera to be fired? No way. The money from the back-to-back playoffs is too important to him. He'll happily go into next year knowing the Panthers can't win it all for the hope of a third straight NFCS title and a growing fanbase.

But but but didn't you hear he brought a team to the Carolinas so he is forever off limits when it comes to criticism. Would love for someone to give me a list of owners who tanked a season because it was in the best interest of the NFL not to spend. I would bring up the story that came out during the referee lockout that owners like Robert Kraft, and John Mara, and Arthur Blank had to step in because Jerry Richardson and Woody Johnson were trying to keep the lockout going, but instead I won't because Mr. Scott will tell all of us I am making it up. 

Is he a great guy? Yes, from all account he seems like one. Does that make him a great owner? Not necessarily. 

But but but didn't you hear he brought a team to the Carolinas so he is forever off limits when it comes to criticism. Would love for someone to give me a list of owners who tanked a season because it was in the best interest of the NFL not to spend. I would bring up the story that came out during the referee lockout that owners like Robert Kraft, and John Mara, and Arthur Blank had to step in because Jerry Richardson and Woody Johnson were trying to keep the lockout going, but instead I won't because Mr. Scott will tell all of us I am making it up. 

Is he a great guy? Yes, from all account he seems like one. Does that make him a great owner? Not necessarily. 

Well, given that your sources have proven so reliable in the past...

Archived