• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A story about JR from a former player.

Jeremy Igo

http://deadspin.com/panthers-owner-was-at-a-closed-council-meeting-on-sta-494087240

i prefer you save us all the time and don't go on a rant about how deadspin isn't reputable. there was also a local Charlotte station that was reporting this as well as Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms who have mentioned it multiple times over the years. i know what you are going to say, how they have no idea what they are talking about and how Jerry Richardson said he had no intentions of moving the team. we got it mr. scott you are a Jerry Richardson fan boy.

so while you continue to ignore the question of why you constantly fail to bring up the whole lock out and 2010 season in your defense of Jerry Richardson, i look forward to you instead attacking the credibility of deadspin, boomer, and phil simms, along with myself even though i never claimed to personally have "inside information' on this. but don't let me stand in the way of your agenda.

IMO the lockout and the 2010 season were necessary evils for the long term financial health of the organization. Personally, I never had a problem with this although the team's performance was atrocious. The problem was 1) JR should've shown Hurney the door after that season; and 2) JR gave Hurney too much leeway to go on a FA spending spree to satiate a frustrated fan base instead of sticking to a solid plan for building a consistent winner. Fortunately, JR has finally come around and it appears the franchise is moving in the right direction.

Hugh Culverhouse 2.0.  5 winning seasons out of 20, and laughing his grumpy ass off all the way to the bank, and all along leading the city and county commissions along with the state legislature along by the collective head of the pecker for extra tax dollars to line his coffers with.  So he takes care of his millionaire players and throws a bone out every now and then with a hand written letter.  How fuging noble.

Hugh Culverhouse 2.0. 5 winning seasons out of 20, and laughing his grumpy ass off all the way to the bank, and all along leading the city and county commissions along with the state legislature along by the collective head of the pecker for extra tax dollars to line his coffers with. So he takes care of his millionaire players and throws a bone out every now and then with a hand written letter. How fucking noble.

As someone who lived in the Tampa area during the Culverhouse years, I can tell you the comparison is laughable.

I don't know JR, but he seems like a nice guy.

I dont have a problem with him, but his fans and I don't see eye to eye. It's funny how he's given the opportunity by his followers to "learn" from his mistakes as an owner, but another owner in the city wasn't given the opportunity and was pretty much disliked from day one. The current basketball owner of the Charlotte team to this day is still living with the "horrible owner" stigma, but JR isn't called that and if he is, you have brigades of people defending him. He's allowed to "learn" from his mistakes.

Archived