• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Will Change Huddle Tailgates Forever

chknwing

In large markets, the local affiliates are allowed to broadcast game. All games were either on CBS, NBC, FOX or NFLN. Even if the game (as was the NO Saints game) is broadcast of NFLN as is with Thursday night games, then a local network can also pick up game (as was so here for the Saints Thursday night game).

Unless I am missing something, I have before, your local market carries your game before ESPN does, so either a CBS, NBC,or FOX affiliate would carry the game. 

I had always called the networks and did homework to make sure what set-up was needed before the game. 

As far as pregame stuff the rest of us would either watch the game before (unless Thursday night game), jam to the music playing at tailgate, drink, eat, and party. Not Junkies staying around the TV worrying what an opinion stater has to say on upcoming game. But again that is someone else opinion and what their tailgate does. 

Useless......not in our book. Hell son we even had city crews in large garbage truck stop, policemen stop, and people leaving games stop and watch our large 10 ft. HD screen with it's useless antenna. I guess we just suck.

Oh and for our power source...no problem and no noise....  It powers our music, lights on trees and tents, any amplifiers and all TV's. no problem.

attachicon.gifhonda.jpg                   

please stop. obviously you missed the point way back.  our tailgate is right outside the stadium, on game day, 99% of the people are going to the game. Whats left watches the game at the huge panther bar Draught, right beside it.  It would be pointless to have an antenna picking up the game that their will be no one there left to watch it.  Tv was brought up for pregame material and news on players etc and something else other than the club music blasting from the neighboring tailgate.

please stop. obviously you missed the point way back. our tailgate is right outside the stadium, on game day, 99% of the people are going to the game. Whats left watches the game at the huge panther bar Draught, right beside it. It would be pointless to have an antenna picking up the game that their will be no one there left to watch it. Tv was brought up for pregame material and news on players etc and something else other than the club music blasting from the neighboring tailgate.

I never understand why those guys think people want to hear EDM at 10am.

So it's a coincidence that group is next to the Huddle tailgate at this new location?

Jim was set up next to us for many years at out old location across from Picasso's.

Yep....total coincidence. Did they play EDM there? Their DJ works for me occasionally and he told me they make him play EDM. Jimmy just brings the speakers and stuff - he doesn't DJ

What's the purpose of vodka mixed with tequila?

Even if vodka mixed with tequila had some kind of magical taste, certainly it would probably be better and cheaper to get the kinds you like and mix them yourself?

you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass but wouldn't you rather take the butchers word for it?

please stop. obviously you missed the point way back.  our tailgate is right outside the stadium, on game day, 99% of the people are going to the game. Whats left watches the game at the huge panther bar Draught, right beside it.  It would be pointless to have an antenna picking up the game that their will be no one there left to watch it.  Tv was brought up for pregame material and news on players etc and something else other than the club music blasting from the neighboring tailgate.

Didn't miss the point at all, you are more than welcome to re-read from beginning and tell me this post was about ESPN and I will apologize for missing that point. I know exactly where Huddle tailgates, We were there from 1997-2000. great place next to practice field, large grass area, and short walk under the RR tracks to stadium, Loved it. 

The "original Point" was about satellite and TV. I don't believe the point in question was "what do watch before the game".

However.................I could tell you a nice trick.

I travel all over the US doing Catastrophe work after major disasters. Imagine Florida hurricanes 2004, Katrina, Sandy, OK City Tornado, Tuscaloosa Tornado....you get the point. Well, when we pull into the disaster are, many times there are no communications or very little signals due to towers and other factors. In my business we have to have contact from "minute one" with the outside world. Now while we work 18-20 hour days taking care of the claims and people who have lost most of the homes etc.,  we do have down time for rain and catch up days. 

We set up our own home made satellite systems and got FTA and other signals. This was long before the "Tailgater". I could show you how to get the same "Tailgater" signal with all the professional equipment for less than $125.But then again I missed the point and I will quit. 

I do love your young enthusiasm though, and yes 40 is young.

Yep....total coincidence. Did they play EDM there? Their DJ works for me occasionally and he told me they make him play EDM. Jimmy just brings the speakers and stuff - he doesn't DJ

Wow, that is a strange coincidence. That tailgate is on a smaller scale now but the music is basically the same. He used to have a bunch of TV's and would have the game on for people that didn't go inside. EDM would be pumped out during commercial breaks though. 

I personally don't mind it at all but I understand many people probably do. Years ago we would have big debates on here about that. A lot of people felt like they couldn't have a conversation with the person next to them because it was so loud. 

Does anybody drink wine from a can at tailgates yet?

Not yet, we haven't raised enough money from contributions to buy everyone those, we are still using...........

post-16885-0-50099400-1421099189_thumb.j

We have updated to the larger grill this year though.............

post-16885-0-23168400-1421099244_thumb.j

post-16885-0-50099400-1421099189_thumb.j

post-16885-0-23168400-1421099244_thumb.j

$400 and its urs.  but seriously, setting up a normal dish would be free, you have to find us some power.  dish can just go on a nonpen on the ground. hell you can even mark it off with spray paint so you can just set it down in the right spot and not have to peak it every time.

We have TV at all our sunday tailgates... Someone Brings the Big Screen, I bring my Laptop and MiFi.. HMDI cable + DIsh Anywhere.. and BAM we get Live coverage + Redzone for those not goign into the game.

Archived