• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Moving 2nd Round Pick Martin to Safety

prowler2k8

http://reederstake.freedomblogging.com/2009/08/25/panthers-moving-2nd-round-pick-martin-to-safety/925/

The injury to Godfrey made this necessary. This could mean that Godfrey will go on IR (though I'm just speculating). Personally, I like this move and hope it's permanent; I also hope when Godfrey is healthy, we will work him at his natural position as CB. JMO

From yesterday:

I'd be okay with trying Godfrey at corner and Martin at safety, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I started thinking I'd like to see Dante Wesley at safety back duiring his first stint with the team. No one gave that any thought till lately, so I wouldn't expect quick action - or any action - on that anytime soon.

Buuuut then again, you never know :sosp:

Fox is getting a little faster than I gave him credit for on these things :lol:

just some insider info here but munnerlyn played him off the field and is going to make the team and has the inside track to the dime corner, will probably be nickel by the end of the season

he's got steve smith "angry short man" syndrome

Hmm it might work out. If anything it shows that they don't have much faith in Dante Wesley or Teal, or it could be that they were planning to make this move eventually. Personally I think Godfrey could be a good FS or CB but he does seem a little too lanky to be an all around badass FS. Martin seems like the more aggressive type, but he also has the speed to play the position.

Archived