• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ideal First Round Pick For Carolina (2015 Edition (v1.0))

MichaelNewtonII

Haven't seen anyone mention Ronnie Stanley, out of Notre Dame.  The kid seems very solid, and will be turning only 21 in March.  Looks like he could start LT out of the gate.

STRENGTHS: Stanley's long arms and fluid slide allow him to protect the edge, even when matched up against speed pass rushers. Plays on the balls fo his feet with his knee bent, displaying good lateral agility and balance to mirror rushers. He has heavy hands and long arms, allowing him to catch and control opponents.

Also shows strength and determination in the running game. Drives defenders off the ball in short-yardage situations, and speed and terrific effort getting to and effectively blocking at the second level.

Besides size, athleticism and toughness, Stanley shows other traits that will earn him kudos with scouts, including good awareness and competitiveness. Keeps his head on a swivel and looks for peel back blocks on defenders in pursuit. Will block one defender before switching off to hit another.

Further, he's more technically sound than one might expect for a young player. Stanley shoots his hands to stun defenders but isn't over-aggressive, demonstrating the patience that most blockers don't develop for years. He understands blocking with angles, using arm bars and running with defenders downfield to keep his opponent from making the tackle.

WEAKNESSES: Young player still developing his immense skillset.

IN OUR VIEW: Stanley demontrates the balance, strength and aggression that screams first round pick. His balance and wingspan could allow him to remain at the blind-side role at the next level.

Haven't seen anyone mention Ronnie Stanley, out of Notre Dame. The kid seems very solid, and will be turning only 21 in March. Looks like he could start LT out of the gate.

He would be the OT I would want, but I believe he'll be picked somewhere in the teens.

He would be the OT I would want, but I believe he'll be picked somewhere in the teens.

I was thinking he may be there later in the 1st or very early 2nd.  I feel like he's as good, or better, than the other tackles everyone is touting, but was thinking he may get pushed down due to their national attention.  Of course, that attention means nothing to front offices, so you may be correct.

Haven't seen anyone mention Ronnie Stanley, out of Notre Dame. The kid seems very solid, and will be turning only 21 in March. Looks like he could start LT out of the gate.

I've seen many mocks with him going top 10. He seems promising to many people & also got the best of the USC DE projected to go top 5 when Notre Dame played USC

Give me a OT and FSU WR Green. He already has chemistry with KB and he runs perfect routes, plus a punt returner.

I would prefer a bigger, faster WR than Greene. KB already fills the possession role and Green is small (5'11/6 ft and about 180, from what I can gather); time to get a blue chip deep threat to stretch the field. Tyler Lockett would be a nice get on day 2 as a slot/speed WR and return man.

I like Stanley a lot as the first round pick, if he's available. I also trust the FO to make the right call; the last draft was a home run and I expect similar results this year to add more depth across the board and hopefully a WR1/2 or starting caliber LT.

I would prefer a bigger, faster WR than Greene. KB already fills the possession role and Green is small (5'11/6 ft and about 180, from what I can gather); time to get a blue chip deep threat to stretch the field. Tyler Lockett would be a nice get on day 2 as a slot/speed WR and return man.

I like Stanley a lot as the first round pick, if he's available. I also trust the FO to make the right call; the last draft was a home run and I expect similar results this year to add more depth across the board and hopefully a WR1/2 or starting caliber LT.

Saying you want a bigger receiver than greene and then suggest Lockett? That's a little weird

Saying you want a bigger receiver than greene and then suggest Lockett? That's a little weird

I did a bad job of explaining my thought process; I meant a bigger receiver than Rashard Greene if they use the first round pick on a WR. So, Jaelen Strong, Sammie Coates, Kevin White, someone like that. Lockett to me is a day 2 pick at best. He'd be a nice get though, regardless of what position the first rounder is used on.

Archived