• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Improving the Panthers in 5 Easy Steps - And So Can You!

Jeremy Igo

For everyone simply saying get rid of Shula and Dorsey, I think we have to remember this can't just be done without input from Cam. This upcoming off-season is a time we will be looking to probably sign Cam to a long time deal, and if he really likes Shula (who has been with him since the beginning) and Dorsey then firing them would be one sure way to make negotiations difficult.  After a challenging season where we didn't give Cam a ton of weapons, getting rid of two people he may like might be the wrong move (it could be the right move for the offense, but the wrong move to allow us to keep Cam).

If Cam supports them, then it is better to focus on finding our WR2 and LT and then work to have Shula tweak what he is doing with the offense.

For everyone simply saying get rid of Shula and Dorsey, I think we have to remember this can't just be done without input from Cam. This upcoming off-season is a time we will be looking to probably sign Cam to a long time deal, and if he really likes Shula (who has been with him since the beginning) and Dorsey then firing them would be one sure way to make negotiations difficult.  After a challenging season where we didn't give Cam a ton of weapons, getting rid of two people he may like might be the wrong move (it could be the right move for the offense, but the wrong move to allow us to keep Cam).

If Cam supports them, then it is better to focus on finding our WR2 and LT and then work to have Shula tweak what he is doing with the offense.

LOL yea ok buddy.....someone hasn't been paying attention if he thinks Gettleman is asking Cam what he thinks he should be doing.

Same GM that got rid of most of Cams weapons last year is going to come to him for advice....uhhh no...

I think a good nickel would help as well...jones was a good gimmick player but a liability in coverage.

He was, and why I want him moved to SS.  With his speed and ability to hit, he is perfect for the job.  I want to keep White--good depth and STer,, and add a nickel.  THat is really all we need in the secondary/. 

The good news is that I think we found our future secondary...

Norman, Bene and Colin Jones!

Other than losing Kearse on a 3rd down play in the 1st Q (which it could have been a zone I'm not going back to check) Jones has been a stud. The nickel position is becoming more and more important and Jones has the speed to keep up with any slot and is a great tackler.

Norman and Bene have been awesome. Anyone blaming Bene for Kerse's TD is a moron. It was a perfect throw by Wilson who deserves credit for that.

Have to feel good about these 3 moving forward. Like you said I'm still not sold on Boston. He clearly had no idea the ball was thrown on the first TD. Chris Hackett from TCU is a safety id love to see them atleast take a look at.

Colin jones is not the answer for the future he is exactly what he has always been a solid backup, good run stuffer and a liablity in coverage. Norman and bene can stay, everyone else needs replacing or at least some good competition to make them play at a higher level.

i hope our FO is watching michael roos like a hawk.  if he rehabs well he could be a major sleeper that could come contribute for relatively cheap for a season or two while a young/raw prospect gets ready to step in.  he's very similar to a jordan gross type player.

He's considering retirement. That's the guy i wanted the second the Titans drafted Lewan in the 1st round last year.

Number 4, needs to say new OC and come on Jeremy of all people you know that

Shula can call some running plays, I give him that. However his passing plays are terrible and old school. They are not 2015 standards. How many times do you see our offense go empty backfield, 5 sets? Even Seattle did that. You have to spread defenses out

ST has been bad in Carolina for a number of years now. We finally improved last year with the signing of Ginn, and then we let him go

Archived